Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been meaning to post for a while but have been forgetting. Did the SVT header swap with SVT cat and 2.5" flex from c-f-m on my 01 ZX3. When i installed it the rear o2 sensor(downstream) is just barely rubbing on the intermediate shaft of the ps driveshaft axle. The only reason i know it is rubbing is cause there is a ring where the rust rubbed off. No CEL's car runs absolutely fine(very pleased with the decision to swap). Anyone run into this issue with their swap? Have recently been noticing an intermittent clunking/rattling i am pretty sure it is the sensor rattling off the shaft when the engine is under load. Any ideas/solutions? I'm thinking welding a piece of round stock to a riser clamp around the cat right behind the flange that connects the cat to the flex and just wedging the cat down enough to move the o2 sensor down. Either that or buying a mil eliminator and hanging the 02 off the firewall and capping the bung hole([giggle] bung hole). Any insight is appreciated, I know there is some to be had on here.

-Ken

·
Super Moderator
9,557 Posts
A tune is definitely in order for your car since you installed the SVT header. All I did was just plug the rear O2 sensor hole completely and had Tom eliminate that O2 sensor. More than likely what is happening is that when you place the engine under load, the exhaust is constantly flexing with it as well. So there is a possibility that it is smacking something and could damage that O2 sensor if it already hasn't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts