Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, had a timing belt tensioner fail and jump time on the kids' SVT. Haven't pulled the head yet but will over the holiday. I know at least the exhaust valves are all bent as the ex. pulley can be rotated back and forth by hand with the slack in the timing belt. Now exploring options. Used head, rebuild head, rebuild and upgrade head w/ non-Ford components. Any thoughts or suggestions welcome!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Atleast it didn't go out going to the shop like mine did today. I know it's going to cost an extra 700 dollars to fix.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I know at least the exhaust valves are all bent as the ex. pulley can be rotated back and forth by hand with the slack in the timing belt.

Maybe I'm just not understanding you correct but, that doesn't confirm anythings bent to me. There are 4 points where I can move my ex. cam by hand too and my valves are just fine.

I'd do a leakdown test before I pulled anything apart.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well took it all apart today. Timing belt idler pulley bearing failed. Only 80k on engine. Bent 15 valves and dropped one exhaust valve. Didn't hurt cylinder and dinged piston crown on one spot. Off to by parts tomorrow:(

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Yup. Wow ... catastrophic. But not a terrible fix.

Good luck.

-Ray-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts