Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 zx3 and i was wondering if you remove a zetec head not the headers that it will fit the zx3 ? dont knwo if any mods are required or if its even possible and if it is is there a big difference

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Well the major difference in the 2 heads is the addition of VCT. I dont know if you could make it work. But it is a possibility.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont know what a vct is lol but looks like i gotta do more research because ive been thinkin bout it a bit and giving it a shot

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Just search, you can't really do it.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Well it just so happens that I bought a SVT head for just this purpose. Not really sure myself, but I'm gonna try. I actually don't see why it wouldn't. Head gaskets are interchangeable and the oil ports look the same. Only thing that catches my eye right off the bat is the cam position sensors and the part on the cam it reads. The zetec is just one nub and the SVT appears to have 4 nubs (I just looked quick, I'll edit this later).

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Hey, if you get it to work, post a how too, I've heard there are problems w/ the vct even though you can do the vct delete.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Oh I plan on it, lol, and a little how to port to boot for the cheap ass like me DIY.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Porting is easy, just take your time make sure all the ports are the same. have a good digital caliper on hand!!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Ah, but what about deshrouding?
That can have more impact that porting and you don't see it mentioned too much. Granted I just got this thing and I'll have to gander at it pretty good first, but odds are it could use some help.

I'm off to play some more and start getting some pics.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
please let us know how it pans out ASAP! very very interesting idea to me but im a little slow to be the first one to test it lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts