Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased an svt grill to install on my zx3.it should be direct fit. why the heck won't it work?? From what i know it should be plug and play. right? The connectors wont go in right, i actually broke some of the plastic trying to get it in. Does anyone have pictures of it? i will take some later today to post up

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Direct fit. Have u ever worked on a car before?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
They are a strait fit so you shouldn't be having any troubles.

I assume your problems are getting the signals back in? If so, just make sure you are lining them up right. They only go in one way so look carefully at the little clips and make sure you are forcing them into the right grooves. They can be stubborn sometimes but with patience and care, they should go in.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm.yeah i check the little clips and made sure they went on in the right position. and Demented,yeah i have.basic stuff.this isn't anything out of the ordinary it shouldnt be so hard.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts
Is the electrical connector that's the problem or are you trying to get the bulb socket in the grill? The sockets are a bitch to get back in like 02ford svt was saying.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I wasn't trying to be an ass lol.after I read my post sorry. I ment if u have changed any thing up front(not stock). If u follow the steps when u took urs off the just do the steps backwards when u install the Svt grill. The Svt grill just has no bars covering the orange blinkers so its technically is the same as the one u took off. Just reverse the steps. If u got a little confused post pics for us so we can clarify it for u.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the electrical connector that's the problem or are you trying to get the bulb socket in the grill? The sockets are a bitch to get back in like 02ford svt was saying.
yes exactly!! i am trying to get the electricAL connecter into the bulb socket.i don't know why it's so hard to get in lol.my last one wasn't removed by me, my hood opened while iwas driving and a whole cluster was ripped out damaging my rad support,windshield,hood latch+cable. a whole mess.i got a euro grill but my signals do not work if i have my headlights on,only the rear ones work. But..if i have my headlights off, my side markers on the front bumper work.it clicks fast though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't trying to be an ass lol.after I read my post sorry. I ment if u have changed any thing up front(not stock). If u follow the steps when u took urs off the just do the steps backwards when u install the Svt grill. The Svt grill just has no bars covering the orange blinkers so its technically is the same as the one u took off. Just reverse the steps. If u got a little confused post pics for us so we can clarify it for u.
hmm no ididn't do anything to it? it was stock before it got into my accident,my grill went flying when my hood opened and i couldn't find it.yes pics would help bro!

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
The pigtail is keyed or slotted try flipping the connector over and plugging it in

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright! so i check it out.it looks like the plugs go in.BUT,there is another connection, i am assuming that is what actually powers the blinkers.it wasn't connected.So now i have to look for the other connection and connect it,hopefully nothing was ripped out when my grill was ripped off the car the night of the accident=/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts