Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Thats What She Said
10,703 Posts
So I said screw it and ordered 2 new axles, figured they might be the originals with 120k on em? Also, I got an alignment done because the car started pulling to the left. It was out of alignment and the wheel now points straight when driving straight, hasn't pointed straight ever since I bought it. But, the car still wants to pull left as soon as I let go of the wheel. I've been told its the tires being worn funny. After replacing the driver side strut I noticed the strut bearing was cracked and really gritty feeling, was wondering if this is causing any binding? More than likely right? The spring also shifts and bangs around when doing sharp turns say in a parking lot. The car is equipped KYB struts, aftermarket camber adjustment tops, and FS Werks lowering springs, and what apear to be KYB strut bearings. Could the bearing be binding up causing the spring to twist and put a rotational force making it pull left? I noticed if I made a right hand turn and then straightened out it would drive straight again, but haven't testing this out enough to really know for sure. This dang SVT has been quite the can of worms.
This is a Getrag info sticky / thread. Would be best to create a new thread to discuss your specific issues or questions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The eBay axle store link said that it was and invalid request, is there any other brands or parts stores that anyone would trust for CV axles

·
Registered
39 Posts
The eBay axle store link said that it was and invalid request, is there any other brands or parts stores that anyone would trust for CV axles
I found some new CV axles on Amazon that look legit and high quality at reasonable prices, and include a year warranty. Here are the item numbers you can search on to locate them and check pricing on the web:

ODM FD-8-8627 New CV Axle Shaft/Drive Axle Assembly, Front Driver (Left) Side, for 2002-2004 Ford Focus SVT, FWD ($68)

ODM FD-8-8628 New CV Axle Shaft/Drive Axle Assembly, Front Passenger (Right) Side, for 2002-2004 Ford Focus, FWD ($94)

81 - 83 of 83 Posts