Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

was wondering where the gearbox top up point was, is there any rules to following regarding this procedure, such as levels, over fill, under fill??

also, whats the correct for the getrag ??

cheers guys

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
First, the drain is pointing toward the passanger side of the car in front of the c/v axels.
Fill port is on the front half of trans. I believe it's a 8mm hex needed to get these out.
Put car on a flat surface and on 4 even height jack stands and pull front plug to check fill level.

Second, fluid type is a great arguement on this site. Best thing to do is get oem and call it a day.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers guys, sorry for my laziness,

just one quick question, i have a slow leak in my gearbox, and im going to take it down to the garage next month, was just wondering if i could add to the oil thats already (i have no clue what oil is in there at the moment) or is mixing with different types of oils a no go??

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Checkout website cfm. The motorcraft trans fluid is there. It's 20 or so dollars a quart.

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
cheers guys, sorry for my laziness,

just one quick question, i have a slow leak in my gearbox, and im going to take it down to the garage next month, was just wondering if i could add to the oil thats already (i have no clue what oil is in there at the moment) or is mixing with different types of oils a no go??
If you're still in UK(?) you have an excellent choice. It's about half the price of Motorcraft or Mobil (in Europe) and it is the one of the original factory fluids used by Getrag in cars sold in Germany. You should avoid mixing different kinds of oil if you have a choice. Not all lubricant additive packages (ingredients in the bottle besides oil) are the same or necessarily compatible. If you're only topping it off until you get it fixed it might not be in long enough to do anything bad.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hopefully this doesn't turn into another trans fluid debate. Also I agree that the search function on the site itself kind of sucks. You're much better off searching google and going off the results from focus fanatics

1 - 14 of 14 Posts