Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SVT has extra gauges to the right of the speedo. Is it possible to install the SVT gauges in a non-SVT focus? Where do they connect?
Is the Instrument cluster different?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
good question. I have been thinking the same thing. I hope ford power products will introduce a kit to do this.

F

·
0 Posts
i've seen them for sale some where but i don't remember where. and i think all you have to do is run the lines for the gauges and hook them up. i'll try to find them again when i get back from vacation.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice goldfoci, Is that a pic of your "01 focus se" ? If so, how is it done?
Go to the Ford dealer and buy the parts? Or is there more to it?
Odometer sync? I have read many different posts of how to sync the odometer.
I asked 2 different Ford service techs at 2 different dealers and they both said that the mileage has to be programed in to the cluster at the factory and installed at the dealer.
I've read other posts that say the dealer just has to sync the odometer to the car.
Another post read that on the '03 focus he did, it sync'd automatically when installed.
I would definitely like my dash to look like above but don't want to pay the full cost of taking it to the dealer and having them do it all.
Any advice out there would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems that one of the guages is usefull to you SVT4ME.
The key word is useful, not essential.
The link to the old thread only touched on the idea of installing it, not the details on what must be done.

If it is too difficult and expensive, I still would at least like to put in a cluster with a tach.
but I still can't find credible instructions on how to sync the new cluster to the cars actual mileage. Too many different accounts that contradict.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts