Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 zx3 the zetec. And i was curious if i can use the svt gauges in my car. Has anyone done this? Let me know.
Thanks

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yessir....... sure can. and since you have a Zetec, it should be super easy (now if you're talking about the little tiny gauges, I'm pretty sure it's been done, but I don't know how)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You can use the main cluster, but the EL backlighting will not work in the ZX3 on it's own. The backlighting control is integrated into the aux. gauge cluster, which does not work with the ZX3. In order to make both gauges work, you would need the SVT's ECU.

There is a workaround for the backlighting if you really want to use those gauges. Some people have used an aftermarket power inverter to power the backlighting with decent success. Maybe someone who's gone that route will chime in here.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool. so as far as the just main cluster goes, you can just replace the stock one with that of the svt, plug it in, and you're in business. easy as that?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
No, it's not just "plug and play". First, the electro-luminescent backlighting will not work. You will have to find some other means of powering it. Some people have used aftermarket power inverters and gotten it to work, but personally I don't know how they wired it up.

Also, I'm not sure if the speedo will read correctly or if you will have to calibrate it for the additional MPH. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you have to have it calibrated, but maybe someone else can say for certain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts