Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am considering buying either an '03 or an '04 SVT Focus to commute in (standard ZX3 is too boring and underpowered).

My question is, does anyone have an idea of what their SVT's are getting for highway and city driving? I will be doing like 80% highway and 20% city.

Thanks for any input you can give.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have a supercharged '04 SVT with 18" wheels and I would say that in 98% city driving I get about 21mpg... :( I swear I stop at more lights than I go through. On my recent road trip to California, on my way back I found that my optimal speed was about 72mph and I was getting about 32mpg.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Consistently combined city/highway, I get around 25mpg... with spirited driving style.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
i usually get anywhere from 25-32 even with the supercharger. A good tune will help wonders with mpg aswell as performance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mid 20's with a mix of city and highway driving. Right now I spend the most time on my motorcycle and I pull the car out the 3 days a week I pick up my daughter from school. That is only about 4 miles each way though.

I need to drive the car more but I kind of like keeping it from racking up too many miles and it is hard to pass up the fun of my motorcycle with 50+ mpg.

·
Registered
139 Posts
With Tom's tune, I get about 34 MPG highway. Before the tune, I think I was getting about 28-29 MPG highway. If you're doing 80/20 hwy/city, I think you can reasonably expect 25-27 MPG depending upon the weight of your right foot.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
funksilver04 said:
Consistently combined city/highway, I get around 25mpg... with spirited driving style.
right on [thumb]

i am consistanlty getting around 260 on the tank(running till the low fuel light comes on) but comming home from windsor which was all highway, i acheived about 350 to the tank (must've been the canadian gas lol)... going way faster then the posted speed limit though[;)]

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I got 17 mpg no matter how I drove it...city or hwy....nice or hard on it...I just can't see someone getting more that 24ish period with an SVTF.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I average 310. miles to light flashing w/50-50 driving. The tune and flywheel made for most of the improvements in my mpg.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Consistently get 30-32 mpg on the highway and about 26-27mpg combined city/highway driving. I hardly ever drive a full tank-worth of gas in the city so i don't know about that.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Svtzx555 said:
I got 17 mpg no matter how I drove it...city or hwy....nice or hard on it...I just can't see someone getting more that 24ish period with an SVTF.
17mpg is about rock bottom for mileages posted on here.
Are you stock?

If you see those threads I linked, you'll see the majority get 24ish...and much better than that.
In fact, I had my first 40mpg tank, though it was from Jackson Hole to West Yellowstone.
Went through Grand Teton and Yellowstone Nat Parks at (unfortunately) a "posted" 45mph speed limit.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I dont know my actual numbers, but like I said 400 miles to a tank is decent I guess(highway test)...I aslo have no DSI at the moment, but I dont know how much that effects mpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
The wife and I determined that the mileage on our 03 SVT was running just a hair over 34mpg on the way back from Columbus, OH about a month ago. That is with Wayne's stock tune and no other mods. It does considerably worse in the cold or city going from 400 miles to a tank down to 260 miles to a tank. Not bad though for the car that it is. That was way better than my wife's old 03 ZX5...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Since I switched out my winter wheels I've averaged over 30mpg, my last tank was 32 and change. The car's been good to me. HIA tune seemed to help me by maybe 10%.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
best i got was a round trip from ocean city, md and back. i averaged 34mpg. but any other tank averages out to be @27-28mpg. that is 60 miles/day highway.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I just got a little over 30mpg in my trip to Orlando and Tampa (and lots of driving in between). Racked up almost 1000 miles and I think I am running a little rich. Not too bad.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts