Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will an SVT fuel rail fit directly onto a 2000 one-piece intake manifold? I am upgrading my intake system (Steeda SRI, ported 2000 intake manifold, 65mm TB, MAF) and want to know if the fuel rail will fit, as I will be adding slightly bigger injectors shortly.

If so, is the gain in flow noticable over the Zetec?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Well, if it helps I previously ran the SVT intake setup on a Zetec motor; I re-used the stock rail and injectors and they bolted right up, no mods necessary. .

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sickkk man thanks, that's what I was looking for. What year SVT was it off of...if you know off the top of your head?? Aprecciate it!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
No idea on the year-sorry. A buddy of mine bought the whole front clip of an SVT that got rear ended.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ohh gotcha, oh well. but any chance you noticed a difference? especially with you being boosted and all...becuase if you didn't, I plan on staying N/A so it's completely pointless for me

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Will it fit... yes

will it make a difference... not at all.

There is Zero performance to be had from upgrading to an SVT fuel rail (unless your over 300whp or more) and then its debatable.

Also if your not making about 160whp on your NA motor then swapping to larger injector will do nothing other than cause you to need a retune.... and YES you HAVE to get a retune when going to larger injectors.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was figuring it wouldn't do much, I just assumed the SVT rail would allow a SLIGHTLY higher fuel flow rate than the stock Zetec, so when the time came to install my cams I'd also be adding the injectors, and the tune as well, for a slightly larger amount of fuel to match my higher rate of airflow. I am 100% tuning this car whether I add the cams/injectors or not, though.

·
Banned
143 Posts
i hear fuel rail design is good enough nowadays such that "upgrading" will do jack all. i read in a car mag (dont remember which one) that a big power gtr with stupidly large turbos was dynoed with stock and aftermarket fuel rails and there was no difference. the same article also showed a twin turbo v6 camry making good relaible power with stock rails.

i say dont even bother with the injectors unless ur making some very good gains. everything is designed with a factor of safety. in a stock car the injectors would probably never flow more than 70% capacity, leaving you with a fair bit to play with before you need to upgrade. if u only have basic bolt ons, there is no need for injectors but if u go turbo or do a crazy NA build then yes, definately get bigger injectors.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Completely agree. I was simply asking if this would be possible, so that in a month or two/when I have the availability and extra coin to do a pretty awesome N/A build, I'm thinking I'll want to upgrade injectors slightly. That's all, it's just a what-if feeler type of question/concept.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts