Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,
I'm converting my OEM non-SVT (with fogs) front facia to an SVT front end and I want to know what I need to do to convert the fogs? I tried using the same harness from my fogs on the SVT fog bulbs but noticed that they were not going to fit... what do I have to do? And should I be upgrading some fuses? Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
plugs are different... ill change the fuse! don't see the logic in that.

1.) anyways get the fog light pigtails and splice them.
2.) hid kit the fogs

the SVT fogs cut off is pretty good with hids, have 3k in mine and they are not blinding.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
^^ 1 is correct, but the fuse part he is talking about is in case the svt bulbs require a larger fuse. I am not sure in this case you might, but when I put in mach projectors I had to

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
9005 bulb connectors work on the SVT fogs. I have 9005 highbeam bulbs in mine and they plug right in. I made a relay harness to make handle the extra power BTW.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i wouldn't put in a larger fuse. can easily end up with melting wires, fire ect.

if you end up popping fuses do a relay harness.

currently have oem fuse/wiring powering my SVT fogs with no issues.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok good... no fuse upgrade and perhaps only a harness relay. Thanks! If anyone has anything different please post, thanks again!

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the SVT fog fuse is a 20A, and "9005" harnesses are easy to come by, same as the H10.

You won't need a relay harness unless you want to go overboard like me and run higher watt bulbs, get rid of the unsightly fog light mod jumper wire, and make it DOT legal (high beam cut off).

·
Registered
170 Posts
how bad is the wiring? like splicing the svt harness to the zx3(in my case anyway) w/fog? are wire colors the same? thatd be convenient. lol.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
You really cant wire a light bulb wrong, it will work either way, unless it's an LED. Usually ground is black and the other whatever color wire would be the positive.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sniper! Can u explain your relay or perhaps post some pics showing it? Im finally sporting the svt front end and am desperate to use the fogs! Thanks for the help!

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
If you just want them to work like factory you can get some H10/9005 pigtails and splice them on the stock wires.

I thought having HIDs, high beams, and high-watt 65w fogs all on at the same time would be a bit much. This way it's DOT legal because the fogs cut off with the highs. I had to do the regular "fog light mod" on top of this, actually I jumped it from inside the fuse box, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you really know what you're doing.

Here's the fog light mod done the hard way...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks sniper! I'm going the easy route and buying the converter pigtails online. It seems that's the easiest and pretty cost effective as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts