Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for an SVT front bumper for my car and it seems like they are hard to find and expensive to ship. Mcnews is currently looking into shipping from where they're located to southern California. My local Ford dealership quoted me at $600+ and that isnt with the lights, horn, etc. Mcnews also told me it would save me gas to buy from an FR dealer near me so I can save some cash on shipping. Problem is, there are no dealers near me for at least 100+ miles. I have been calling F2 Focus all day but they arent answering. They are an authorized FR dealer. If anyone can help me out there, please post...

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
There was just one on eBay that went for $250. I bid, but lost! I remember Bat inc has them for arount $350 but I don't think it comes with the horn or fogs.

---Randy

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Horn?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Mike 1 has one for sale.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
i dont think any bumpers come w/ horns

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
mofocus said:
i dont think any bumpers come w/ horns
The SVT Horn is different than a Non-SVT horn......How do i know this? Because i did the conversion on my Sedan. The SVT Horn has a 2 horn Set-up and the Non-SVT Horn has a single horn set up. I got a hella super-de-duper deal when i bought mine (yes i said super-de-duper). I only paid (when all said and done) just a smidge over $500 for the the bumper, vallace, foglights, horn, and paint. My SVT Bumper cost me about $300 shipped. I got it all from Ray at intakesandexhaust.com. He offers discounts to ff.com members as well. I can't say you'll get the deal like i got (hella super lucky), but he'll give you a good price. I know from my previous thread he advertised them for about $375.

Edit:
Seems as though he doesn't sell them any more. But i'd e-mail him and see if you can get a price quote.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
$200

OrangeSVTGuy just got his painted for the same price as well, it seems to be the going rate.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
not bad, i got my hood painted for $150. i'm going to get a compressor and a good paint gun to learn how to paint. hey if the mexican dude on pimp my ride can do it, so can I!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I got mine brand new from the dealer, received in two days for like $275. That dealer is trying to rip you off

[edit] $275=unpainted

Painted my self for $130 (cost of paint) Shermin Williams, Silver Frost (TS) - variation #8

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
lildisco said:
The SVT Horn is different than a Non-SVT horn......How do i know this? Because i did the conversion on my Sedan. The SVT Horn has a 2 horn Set-up and the Non-SVT Horn has a single horn set up. I got a hella super-de-duper deal when i bought mine (yes i said super-de-duper). I only paid (when all said and done) just a smidge over $500 for the the bumper, vallace, foglights, horn, and paint. My SVT Bumper cost me about $300 shipped. I got it all from Ray at intakesandexhaust.com. He offers discounts to ff.com members as well. I can't say you'll get the deal like i got (hella super lucky), but he'll give you a good price. I know from my previous thread he advertised them for about $375.

Edit:
Seems as though he doesn't sell them any more. But i'd e-mail him and see if you can get a price quote.

thats all irrellevant, she said she wanted the bumper, not the horn, the bumper is sold w/o the horn, the bumper will work fine w/o horn........how do i know this? because i did the conversion on my htach. SVT front bumper works fine w/ a ZX3 horn, why wouldnt it?

·
Registered
352 Posts
jaimz22 said:
ncslavens, did your original bumper get messed up?
Well, I was wanting to mod my car, but when i tried to mount a deer on the hood at 45 mph, it didn't work out too well. I had the joy of replacing a lot of parts after that! Yeah!!!!

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
BAT Inc. sells a front SVT bumper kit for about $375...it includes the bumper itself, lip, foglamps, side markers and horns. The only problem for you is they're based in Florida...and I'd think shipping would be pretty steep. You might call them and see if they'll ship it via Greyhound, which is usually pretty cheap compared to UPS or truck freight.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
mofocus said:
thats all irrellevant, she said she wanted the bumper, not the horn, the bumper is sold w/o the horn, the bumper will work fine w/o horn........how do i know this? because i did the conversion on my htach. SVT front bumper works fine w/ a ZX3 horn, why wouldnt it?
It is rellevant because you said no bumpers come with horns [thumb]

But yes the Non-SVT horn will work with the bumper, but why not install it while you have it?

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
thats all you had to say, some places it comes w/ the horn, i see now, but regardless, i dont see why anyone would care about the horn really, since it has to be painted green regardless, id just get a used one

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just (literally, I was on the phone while typing this) got told $612 CDN by the ford dealer in my town....
that's the bumper/bumper cover, unpainted....

I want one for my car, the SVT bumper looks SOOOOO sexy compared to the regular focus one....damn expensive dealer...

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
mine just happens to be the same color as yours.....Teaser pics!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts