Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the SVT kit for my car, problem is, the foglights do not click with the foglights connectors came with the car. The car itself did NOT have foglights from the factory. I do want it set up like it was from the factory. The question is, what do i need to hook these badboys up? What do i do?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
you're going to need a new wire harness. the SVT fogs use (i think) an F-150 harness. since you had the wires for the fogs already you might be prewired for them in the relay center/fuse box under the hood. if that's the case then you'll just need a new switch (one with fogs) and the relay. if you aren't prewired from the factory then you're going to need a generic relay and some wires.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
OK. I have the same thing with my car. My car did not come with foglights from the Factory. So, if you want the factory set-up like i do on my car, you're going to need a few things. First is the Factory Fog Light Switch. You can pick this up from Jeremy at Focus-Salvage. Next you're going to need the wiring harness for the fogs. I took my Fog Lights up to the Dealer to get the Right Pig Tail harness that would fit into the Fogs. Then i had focuson03 come over and wire up with the fog light mod and i couldn't be happier! Looks Great! too.

·
Registered
210 Posts
k mine didnt have fogs and im installing an svt front and fogs soon. I also got the right pigtails i'll need for the conversion, and the switch from focussalvage. What else will I need. The wires are already so should I be able to just plug the switch right into the harness in the dash?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lildisco said:
OK. I have the same thing with my car. My car did not come with foglights from the Factory. So, if you want the factory set-up like i do on my car, you're going to need a few things. First is the Factory Fog Light Switch. You can pick this up from Jeremy at Focus-Salvage. Next you're going to need the wiring harness for the fogs. I took my Fog Lights up to the Dealer to get the Right Pig Tail harness that would fit into the Fogs. Then i had focuson03 come over and wire up with the fog light mod and i couldn't be happier! Looks Great! too.
do you know which harness it is, part number, is it an f150 harness?
so basically that harness needs to be spliced with the harnesses that are already on the car that are prewired, and then wire it back from the fuse box to the switch?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
If you had fogs already, then the wires should be there. If you did not have Fogs, then you might have to run some new wires and a relay. As far as specifics, you'd have to talk to Josh (focuson03). He has the experience on wiring up a car that didn't have fogs that now has fogs [thumb]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
P0WeRbyDuratec said:
do you know which harness it is, part number, is it an f150 harness?
This is the part # for the Harness. Ford told me it was for a foglight for an F-150

1U2Z-1AS411-FA

that's the pigtails that should connect into the SVT Fogs. They ordered a pigtail that was for the standard Focus foglights which where the wrong ones. But that part # is the correct part # that i got, the one apove. I got the whole entire front Fascia with horns and turn signals and such from intakesandexhaust.com.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts