Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I just picked up the FocusSport Cool-Flo for my 2002 SVT from someone on this forum to go along with my recently installed Borla exhaust system. I'm a little concerned about something I noticed on the ITG filter. Where the foam part hits the stainless steel part, is the foam supposed to be attached all the way to the edge of the stainless steel part? Mine pulls away in some parts so I'm wondering if it is OK. Anyone know???

If it is damaged and unsafe to use, I may end up just putting a different filter on the end. I really want to get a GREEN FILTER USA filter, but I'm not really sure what size I should be getting. Has anyone replaced the ITG filter on their FocusSport Cool-Flo intake for their SVT? If so I'm guessing you put a K&N in there...any idea what size it would be? Or even the K&N part number will work because GREEN FILTER has a conversion reference guide I can use.

Thanks in advance for any advise you have!

-Homestar

·
Registered
139 Posts
Have you contacted Focus Sport with the question about the filter?

AFA the other filter, I'd think if you got something dimensionally similar, you'd be in decent shape, but the ITG filter actually represents most of the cost of that intake kit...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have attached a picture of someone else's filter to show you what I'm talking about. I have put a red line in the picture. The red line is where I'm talking about the filter pulling apart from the stainless steel part. The filter is completely ripped away most of the way around the filter.

I have not contacted FocusSport yet, but the more I look at the the more I think that it isn't good! I think I'm going to have to order a new filter :(

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sure give us a call, that should not happen.. The filter could have been cared for incorrectly prior making it come apart. This could happen if letting it sit in water too long or cleaning with incorrect products. contact us to get a replacement filter.

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
I just bought the heat shield from a member on here and will let you know! my jrsc was getting heat soak from not having one! I have to put it on LOL! It looks really nice! and as for a replacement filter why not just go with a K/N

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you get water in your intake where its located, your car is under water... so that shouldn't be a problem... Foam is less likely to hold water as well, have you ever noticed how long a K&N takes to dry out after you clean it? Cotton Gauze is a natural fiber too, thus the longer you have it, the dirtier it gets and it won't come out of the cotton fibers, thus the dirtier it is, the less it flows.when you clean an ITG/foam filter its like new every time.

·
FF Affiliate
31,093 Posts
If you get water in your intake where its located, your car is under water... so that shouldn't be a problem... Foam is less likely to hold water as well, have you ever noticed how long a K&N takes to dry out after you clean it? .

Your kidding right "Foam is less likely to hold water" where did you go to school , I think most here has cleaned up messes with a FOAM sponge and know how it absorbs water and holds it or do you guys have a special foam L O L

Foam is also harder for air to get through then STD type filters do your own testing next time you go to a dyno see for your self

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts