Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I am assuming you will check our have checked the timing belt? I may have missed that.

Sent from the top of a tree.
It is there and it looks good. It only has 120k miles. I want to get it running first and check the engine and transmission condition. Then I'll swap for a new belt. I may need other parts. I have not heard this engine run. I may need a clutch as well. I may start a discussion on that when the time comes. (Who makes the best clutch). Not a race car, and do I keep the dual mass Flywhee or swap for a conventional Flywhee?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I am assuming you will check our have checked the timing belt? I may have missed that.

Sent from the top of a tree.
It is there and it looks good. It only has 120k miles. I want to get it running first and check the engine and transmission condition. Then I'll swap for a new belt. I may need other parts. I have not heard this engine run. I may need a clutch as well. I may start a discussion on that when the time comes. (Who makes the best clutch). Not a race car, and do I keep the dual mass Flywhee or swap for a conventional Flywhee?
Damn. I can't spell. Flywheel. One more time. Flywheel. Not sure if that was me or spellcheck.

·
Lurking...
2,180 Posts
Swap belt first.Why risk the engine breaking when the belt snaps. They are supposed to be replaced at 80k anyways plus if its original is over 10 years old!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I have bid on a 2004 Sonic Blue SVT Focus for parts. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. Cool interesting ideas or swaps? It's a ZX3. I've thought about SVT sedan, or a stripped down 3 door for auto cross.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Didn't do much to the wagon this week. I found and ordered a steering rack. 44k miles. That's all I need to make it drive able. I still need IMRC. Both of mine are damaged. Does anyone know of one that's reasonable? I found them on EBay. I did add 3 more Focuses to the stable this week. A clean 08 SES, 04 ZTW with 144k and 07 ZX4 SAP with 170k Hit me up if anyone is interested in these in the East Tennessee area.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I received the steering rack. It's installed. Got a sweet deal on a Borla cat back. All of the front brakes are installed. Got the euro wheels on. I did get the Sonic Blue 2004 ZX3 SVT. It has a strut tower brace. It will be going on tomorrow. Appears to have some sort of cat back exhaust on it and a CAI. Probably going to be selling parts if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
Ok. I received the Sonic Blue 2004 SVT. Loaded with aftermarket parts. Focal Jet front and rear strut braces. Borla exhaust. Lowering springs. Caster camber kits. Short throw shifter. Pioneer double din head unit.
Looks like it was a corner carver. It had GoPros mounted. Engine may be modded. No keys. Will be cutting the top off and getting it running.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Still unfinished. Going to finish it up in the next few weeks. Had to finish my sons car first. Then we are going to set up a play date. See who has the better Focus. Any predictions? I have the SVT Wagon. Borla Exhaust and lowering springs. Short throw shifter and my son has the 2007 2.3 ST with similar mods but in a sedan body. Who wins the drag race and auto cross? Im ex drag racer and autocrosser. He is 17 and races video games. LOL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still unfinished. Going to finish it up in the next few weeks. Had to finish my sons car first. Then we are going to set up a play date. See who has the better Focus. Any predictions? I have the SVT Wagon. Borla Exhaust and lowering springs. Short throw shifter and my son has the 2007 2.3 ST with similar mods but in a sedan body. Who wins the drag race and auto cross? Im ex drag racer and autocrosser. He is 17 and races video games. LOL.
we will see if the young gun can beat the old decrepit racer lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
beautiful car i have also wanted an svt wagon but it seems like everyone newr me with parts svts dont want to give them up for a reasonable price

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
beautiful car i have also wanted an svt wagon but it seems like everyone newr me with parts svts dont want to give them up for a reasonable price
Depends on what you are looking for, I have quite a few SVT Focus parts. I have a complete interior for a 3 door(blue and black). And most everything for a 5 doot(red and black). Complete engine and trans. I?ve been looking for another project car. But I need to find newer project cars. These older ones are fun. But I can?t keep them all, and require so much work to sell them. May consider parting with the SVT Wagon, or I have a 2004 SVT Focus ZX3.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
It’s been a while since my last post. Kinda put the wagon on the back burner. Did a 2.5 swap on my sons Focus ST. But I’m back on the wagon. Not much left to actually finishing it. So I’ll post some more pics of the progress. Everything went great from the front doors forward. Had some minor hurdles to jump from the rear doors back. Rear suspension from a SVT would not bolt in directly. So I had to take all of my rear suspensions and build the perfect one for me. I had to swap the rear discs from the SVT over to the rear subframe of the wagon. Then I had another SVT that had aftermarket stabilizer bars and adjustable rear control arms. I have all of that in place now on the wagon. Coming along nicely. Had to drill the rear seat mount out of the SVT and spot weld into place to get the lower rear seat to bolt in. Then had to remove the rear seat covers from the SVT and install on the metal wagon frames to get them to latch correctly. Found a Mach Audo subwoofer and going to install it. Small hurdles to overcome. Still have been unable to find a wagon with the charcoal black interior. I need the cargo panels and trunk carpeting. Not even sure if a wagon ever had charcoal black interior. Here are some pics. Sorry for the delay. But I’m back on it now. Hopefully it will be finished in the next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Still chugging away at the build. Finished the rear suspension and fuel tank. Got the Borla exhaust installed. Have to lengthen the tail pipe about 6 inches. Very slight modifications to perform total swap. I’m guessing somewhere north of 200 hours. It’s not for someone who is not dedicated. And I lost focus (no pun intended) myself. Parking brake cables installed. Console installed and shift boot installed. I can actually fire up the engine at the moment. Not going to fire it until it’s complete. I’m giving myself a goal to strive for.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Got the strut tower brace installed. Next is the poly engine/ transmission mount and torque strut. I can’t t believe I’m this close to finishing it. I did have to drill the spot welds and remove the rear lower seat mounting bracket from the SVT. Since my car had the bench rear seat and the SVT seats were the 60/40, I didnt t have the center mounting boots. But a drill and a slight massage with a hammer then weld the bracket in. I am just like new. Got the rear calipers painted. Looking for Bilstein shock and strut combo right now. I think Im going to get it running and driving first before that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I looked at my first post. I can’t believe it’s been over 2 years and this project is not finished yet. But I have had to do some other projects in the meantime. I’m finishing up a Crown Vic swap in a 78 F100 right now.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts