Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

w/ my magic bag
I have no rear suspension installed yet. It's still stock with rear drums. I have no plans on suspension as of yet. Getting ideas and suggestions.
Depends on your ride height & what your looking to get out of it,,,,,,,

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
Here is my issue. Started to install rear seat base from SVT in wagon. SVT was designed with the split folding rear seats. My wagon was not. I've thought about installing nutserts in the rear floor pan,but it looks like a different design than the SVT. Not sure if the nutserts will secure the rear seat. Any suggestion?

Attachments

8 DAY HOMECOMING
Welcome to the sedan problem as well..You can drill and tap a hole, but I am not sure how far the gas tank sits...if you catch my drift.

Sent from the top of a tree.

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
Yes. I have a set of red and black/charcoal SVT seats in my 2004 sedan. Same issue. I have not fixed it. It had other issues. The rear seats had the integrated seat belts and the rear seat locks were in a different location. I just removed the locking mechanism altogether until I devise a plan to fix it. So that brings up another question. What has everyone done to fix this issue as well? I removed the rear seat retractor from the SVT seat and used the sedan center belts.

Old Phart
SPIinDisguise did the full SVT seat mod to a sedan recently, IRC he put the write up in the MkI Interior Mods section.

Bet some of that info. would help.

Old Phart
I didn't, mentioned that someone else did not long ago.

Looking for where he posted that, it might be in his build thread like most of your info. is in here.

Edit - didn't find it yet, betting I did read it in the build thread now.

Expect you'll get some comments on this later.

8 DAY HOMECOMING
What did you do to fix these issues? The sedan rear seat back locks, and the seat base problem?
I haven't yet fixed these issues yet...but my plan of action is below...

For the seat base problem, as I stated above, was to just drill and tap another hole so that the split seats can actually be used and not just dependent on one bolt...but I couldn't ever find a measurement on how far behind that seat base the gas tank is, because we all don't want a hole in that..that pretty well covers that.

For the seat back for the hatch seat to fit in a sedan, I went to the salvage,U Pull and Pay, pick yard, whatever you want tot call it. And cut open the rear seats out of a sedan, I grabbed what I would call the skeleton (piece of metal that acts as the lock and support for the seat. My plan then was to disassemble the Recaro seats and replace the Hatch backing with a sedan backing, make a hole for the latch and all would be good!

Well I didnt feel like getting to into it, the seatbelts all need to come undone, you have to remove the headrests, middle seatbelt, etc. But you would know all that at this point. But once you get that, the metal backing will literally slide right out the bottom with no issues.

Something to ponder though...I don't know if wagon seats have headrests in the back, I know sedans don't, so you would have to drill for those somehow unless you don't want the headrests then its no big loss.

Tadaa[bootyshake]

Floods suck.
Great build so far, can't wait to see more progress. Those Recaros are the best seats by far, and you got a great price on them!

Registered
Discussion Starter #53
I finished the battery box and most of the interior. Going to look for door panels. My 5 door svt door panels went in my sons car. And the euro focus was a 3 door. Should be able to find black door panels. Also need to find rear interior panels in black for a wagon. That may be difficult. I have not seen many with the dark interior.

Registered
Discussion Starter #57
I finished up the ABS and installed the brake lines. Installed the master cylinder and cruise control amplifier. Looks like the holes for the IMRC are not there, so I'll have to drill them. I installed the ABS unit for the Euro Focus with traction control. Forgot to get pics. I'll snap them first thing in the morning. It's coming along nicely. It's getting closer to being ready to fire.

Registered
Discussion Starter #58
Removed the Powertrain. Finished the under hood wiring. Installed the radiator and hoses. Got the power steering cooler installed. Engine is ready to go back in. Still have to replace driver side brake line. I had one that was almost kinked. Everything looks good. Going together nicely.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #59
I've got everything installed under the hood. Put the battery in. Self tested everything. ABS codes for the speed sensors in rear that are not hooked up yet. All brake lamps work and headlamps work. Radio works. Only thing that doesn't work is amplifier and CD player. Going to order a steering rack from eBay unless someone on here has one they will part with. Should have all things buttoned up by mid week. I only get to work on it maybe 1-2 hours a day. Going to make it run and drive. Check condition of engine and transmission. Then I'll swap for the Bilstein suspension, and EAP wheels.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 95 Posts