Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum, but I thought I would share this project. Started a new project last week. SVT Focus Wagon. I wanted a SVT Focus Wagon, so I thought I would build one. I found a near perfect SPI 2.0 auto wagon. It had the notorious #4 cylinder valve seat failure, so I got it for a great price($400.00). I purchased a 2004 5 door SVT. It was hit hard in the front. Great price though($275.00). It had 120k on the odometer. Got both disassembled. I found another SVT with the European appearance option. Between all of the doner cars, I have enough parts to fully option my wagon. When completed, I will have installed the sunroof as well. My wagon does not have the sunroof now. That will be done at a later date. For now, I will show the complete process. I'm hoping this swap will be completed in a week. It may prove difficult. I work a full time job in the day. I'll try to add pics. I already set the engine in. Sorry. But that's the super simple part. It's everything else that's time consuming.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Welcome!

Good thread on that swap in the Engine & Trans Swap section, should save you some figuring to see what worked for another project.

Wouldn't THINK of swapping in the sunroof though, only requires cutting out and welding in the whole roof plus wiring/hoses/interior ceiling cover replacement.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is some pics of swap.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome!

Good thread on that swap in the Engine & Trans Swap section, should save you some figuring to see what worked for another project.

Wouldn't THINK of swapping in the sunroof though, only requires cutting out and welding in the whole roof plus wiring/hoses/interior ceiling cover replacement.
Thanks. This is not my first swap. I've swapped about 50 SPI to Zetecs. I just built a 2007 ST clone for my son. I thought I would share my adventures on this swap.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
OK fine, thread is in the right location for a build thread.

Just thought that shared info. would help, much more involved than the zetec swaps include.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK fine, thread is in the right location for a build thread.

Just thought that shared info. would help, much more involved than the zetec swaps include.
Every bit of info helps. I didn't mean to sound like I know everything. I hope that I didn't come off like that.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
No problem, I can't remember all the details so referring you was safer to catch ALL of them.

Swapping the trans as well means axles and shifter to match, SVT swap needs wiring harness and PCM moved over along with the IMRC, even the fuel pump is different. It becomes a MUCH larger project than the zetec into an SPI where much can be reused.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't get anything accomplished on my SVT wagon today. I did finish a SPI engine swap this afternoon. Runs and drives amazing. It's for sale if anyone is near East Tennessee looking for a super clean nice Focus.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,070 Posts
Swapping the black carpet in as well? I did everything you are doing except the whole engine swap ordeal.

Looks good though.

Sent from the top of a tree.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Swapping the black carpet in as well? I did everything you are doing except the whole engine swap ordeal.

Looks good though.

Sent from the top of a tree.
Thanks.
I'm swapping everything except the body panels. Going to install ABS brakes, and the SVT front and rear disc brakes. One of the SVTs had the HID headlamps, so I'm swapping those also. Going to install sunroof later, probably when I'm painting it. I'll drive it for a while first.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Instrument panel installed along with pedals and shifter. Changed the entire vehicle harness except for the lift gate harness. Will finish the wiring and carpet probably tomorrow. Then the interior. Still have to have one of the leather Recaros stitched up. It had a seam bust loose on driver seat. After the interior is finished, I'll be installing the ABS brakes, suspension and the exhaust. Note ( I now have side impact airbags). Fully functional since the swap. I installed the zed1 pcm and the 2004 GEM. The 2004 SVT was a 5 door. Not sure if it made a difference, but I used the 5 door GEM.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
ANOTHER CosWagon in the works?!?!? This is VERY cool and VERY unique! Can't wait to see the finished project!!

Good luck with the build, very cool project to see!

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Not quite a CosWagon, we need a new name for the SVT Wagons. SWaggin?

Cos was originally a 2.3 duratec, but it got rebuilt with almost all Cosworth goodies avail. for the engine along with SVT pieces/suspension and other extras.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ANOTHER CosWagon in the works?!?!? This is VERY cool and VERY unique! Can't wait to see the finished project!!

Good luck with the build, very cool project to see!
Thanks.
I've never thought of it as a CosWagon. I do have a 2004 2.3 duratec 5 speed wagon to swap soon. It's rusty. Going to find a doner wagon body and change it over.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not quite a CosWagon, we need a new name for the SVT Wagons. SWaggin?

Cos was originally a 2.3 duratec, but it got rebuilt with almost all Cosworth goodies avail. for the engine along with SVT pieces/suspension and other extras.
I like it. Just don't call it a SV***gin.
I was thinking of putting a SVT Focus emblem on the lift gate and s ZXW to accompany it.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts