Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Could you build a geo metro that would whoop up on a SVT?

• Sure you could!

Votes: 68 82.9%
  • There is No way!

Votes: 14 17.1%
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a silly question, do you guys think the average Joe could build a geo metro that would whoop butt on our beloved SVT?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
stock svt? How much money are you assuming would be put into the metro? and in what aspect handling, straight line?? We need more info so we can give our .02 that are worth nothing lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
Im saying no. I used to have a metro and it had a stick it was slow as slow gets but it would beet a svt on mpg thats it.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
dude, you could make a shopping cart faster than a z06 if you had enough money

·
Registered
234 Posts
well to be honest one of my old friends in high school loved geo metros he bought a really clean one and swapped in a suzuki swift twin cam with a built turbo, now i dont know what he was putting out hp wise but it pulled like a beast. Im sure we still have him beat in the corners however and def the looks cat. but props to him for taking a crappy car and making it somewhat decent.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
straight line AND turns, autox etc.

A limited budget, lets say 5k on the metro, SVT has bolt-ons but No boost.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
the thing is they weigh between 1600 and 1800 pounds, imagine what itd weigh after you strip it, and with a serious suspension and some serious engine building anything is possible, imagine what tom could do, it'd be amazing and hysterical at the same time seeing like 300+ horse in something that light lolz

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
also i think a dyi turbo would be relatively simple and easy on that motor, i saw some vids on youtube awhile ago

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
I think you could, you would have to have a really 'to the point budget'. Ya know, don't spend any more money than you have to.

·
Registered
647 Posts
well...which motor, cause didn't they make a three banger as well? now THAT would be something...3 banger geo whoopen the svt...

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Engine swaps are legal, but a 3.8 buick GNX motor is a bit much, but hey, if you can do it in budget ( 5k)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts