Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at a lot of different stuff to do to my car. I came across a chip. The brand is G Force, and i was wondering if anyone else has or had one. Just looking for feedback. I am also close to getting a K&N air filter and a HKS Hi-Power exhaust. If you have any feedback or recommendations that would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
There is no such thing as a chip for a focus, you can tune your car with a flash tuner though. Other then that your other plans sound allright. A k&n filter in factory box will do just as good as any other intake on the market. The exhaust you mentioned is good but also gloats a fart can. I would look into borla personally. I think my magnaflow set up sounds ricy a bit lol. Good luck

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the future i am looking to do more to it. Any reccomendations? Whats the best way to make easy power? I know these cars cant handle a lot.

·
Registered
642 Posts
intake/filter
Exhaust ( magnaflow/ Borla are popular and ive had both and prefer the Borla)
Tune with a flash tuner such as the Xcal3 or others

and you can get a solid amount of power out of these cars and they can handle a lot

·
Registered
145 Posts
Whats the mileage on the car?...I would do a major tune up on it first, plugs,wires,PCV. For example, My car had 130,000 and I replaced the front oxygen sensor and the coil pack even though there was no indication that they were bad,
and the car ran so much better and made alot more power.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right now i have nothing at all done to the car. I am planning on doing some stuff just dont know what to do yet. My car has 89,000 miles on it right now.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
These cars can handle quite a bit on a stock end. Without boost ive seen svt's go over 200hp with tunes and bolt on's.

My recommendation, is start with a full tune up, after that DO NOT buy that "chip" invest

that money in a intake, exhaust, and if you have the cash get a tune from focus power.

You'll see the immediate change in the car with just the tune. Here's a link that you can

answer lot's of questions in regards to your svt.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174747

if you want even more power then consider boost.

Overall the "search" button on the forum is pretty easy and you can search almost for

anything on here. if you cant find it then post a thread. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright Sounds good. Yea i am investing into a k&N intake and a HKS Header back exhaust.

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts
Sorry to not answer this till now but been traveling

The SVT Focus cannot take a chip but can take a flasher where you load a tune through the ODBII port just under the dash at your left knee

I sell the SCT XCAL3 for 399.00 and 20.00 for shpping this comes with a full custom tune and FREE updates as you add more mods

Most that work well for the SVT are , Tune , TB , Drop in filter , ORP

Let me know if I can help more

Tom

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Unless your stock exhaust is rotting, that HKS header back money could be dumped into a stiffer suspension setup instead. The stock header is about as good as it gets. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well now i am thinking about investing in eibach lowering springs and the K&N intake. Any reccomendations on these springs?!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
^^from what I have heard the springs are up to par but the struts are not the greatest. I would go with koni yellows

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright sounds good. I am gonna think it over. Are any of you going to Focus Fest 2k11? I am from Indiana and i am meeting everyone in Simpsonville. Jw if anyone else is going that has helped me out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts