Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off. this came as a total suprise to me. i have a 03 focus svt, stock suspention(130xxx miles,so i could be saggin some) with 18" rims.
215/35/18 on the front, 225/40/18 on the back

the inside of my tires are gone, they almost look carved out. its not a camber issue, more like rubbing, or possibly driving with them too low?(is 32-35psi in the front too low for that size a tire?)

so i have two questions, has anyone had a problem with rubbing 215/35 svt ride height in the front?
also, is anyone that is going to focus fest, have 2 tires in either of those sizes??

i have another set of rims i could throw on the front, just to make the drive down, but i still need tires now to put on the front, im desperate[mecry]

·
Registered
595 Posts
is the wear on the sidewall or the shoulder of the tire? your 215/35r18 are a shorter tire than the factory 215/45r17 by about a half inch so you shouldn't be rubbing. i would almost think there is defiantly a camber issue maybe due to old sagging spring/strut. what does the wear look like across the tread? is it smooth? run your hand across the tread, if you feel any high spots(feathering) you might have toe issues. your psi is in the right range so you can cross that off the list.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^^^ 130,000 is a lot, try an alignment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts