Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been big into blown modulars and own a 600+rwhp mach1 right now, i also have an svt focus that is a ton of fun to drive and handles like a dream.....i really would like to be able to get around 350 at the tires.......

is this obtainable especially on a stock motor......and how to go about it....turbo ,procharger and i really doubt i could throw enough nitrous to hit those numbers but you never know

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
your best bet will be to start searching through the forums to find some of the awesome articles but i'll get you started!
you wont hit 350hp on stock internals you'll need forged pistons and rods
you are also very unlikely to hit 350 with a supercharger unless your spraying it with nitrous at the same time so in short
to get 350hp you will need:
turbo
built motor

to get some more info i highly advise reading through this thread i've linked below! welcome to the forums and enjoy your fofo
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174755

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
300-330whp on stock SVT internals is possible....with a very good tune!! you'll need a turbo though. Some like gt28rs, others bigger, others smaller. Its all about how much money you want to spend.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Ok here here is my 2 cents.

350whp IS possible on the stock motor with a gt28rs. Only one has done that, and I believe it was 363whp DD all stock.

You will need J&S Safeguard, BAP, #60 injectors, Diablo MAFia, 3" MAF Tube, Full 3" exhaust.

The most important thing is the tune. Make sure you find a company that HAS tuned SVT's and know what they are doing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok here here is my 2 cents.

350whp IS possible on the stock motor with a gt28rs. Only one has done that, and I believe it was 363whp DD all stock.

You will need J&S Safeguard, BAP, #60 injectors, Diablo MAFia, 3" MAF Tube, Full 3" exhaust.

The most important thing is the tune. Make sure you find a company that HAS tuned SVT's and know what they are doing.
my tuner uses sct and i believe the xcal2 is availible for the svt.....must be amazing driving in a fwd car that has balz...i drove a stock skittle and that seemed pretty quick for a 4banger too...couldnt have had more than 240fwhp

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I think tom had a 350 whp svt on stock internals, don't know how long it lasted though.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
If you get a vortech, you "might" be able to get up in that range, but it would be tough.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
If you get a vortech, you "might" be able to get up in that range, but it would be tough.
No impossible you wont even get close.

A procharger is the only SC to come close. 330whp but only like 250ish ftlbs

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
you can make 350whp on the stock motor and a gt28rs john has proven that. but like every one said the tune will make or break the motor. you will also need to upgrade the clutch, differential, and the tires for that kind of power. 350whp in a fwd car is ok, but you spin a lot, it doesnt come close to the fun awd puts down..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you can make 350whp on the stock motor and a gt28rs john has proven that. but like every one said the tune will make or break the motor. you will also need to upgrade the clutch, differential, and the tires for that kind of power. 350whp in a fwd car is ok, but you spin a lot, it doesnt come close to the fun awd puts down..
any good turbo companies you recomend or does everyone kinda just fab up there own...??? hp hellion proturbo ect

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
there was a guy that made 340 a while back, i don't remember the tq, but you may be able to get to 350. I will see if i can find it. though it may have been on FJ.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
any of the reputable turbo companies make good turbos for that power range. mainly depends on where you want the power band and what kind of turbo you get. i'm using a garrett 50-trim and wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
What was the difference in the Mach1s and the GTs?
MACH 1's run a slightly detuned 4 valve NA Cobra motor and the GT has the less powerful (in stock terms) 2 valve motor.

I have to say the kit that 1turbofocus has put together is VERY nice... if I was in the market for a new setup I would DEFINITLY consider his.... and yes I've had my grubby little paws all over one of his kits.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
1turbofocus kit is the way to go.!!! Call be biased but it makes great power but you probably want to go ahead and build the motor and save yourself some time and hardache now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts