Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's about a million exhaust question, but didn't find much on this. My svt has the fswerks tune, orp, magnaflow exhaust. With the tune after a warm start up the car will sound like a weed whacker from 2-3k rpm. It takes a few minutes of driving before it goes back to the smooth sound throughout the rpm range.

I don't know if the orp causes this when the car starts warm and creates this buzz, or if it's something with the tune. Just wanted to see if others have this issue and deal with it. I know a little 4-banger isn't going to sound like a monster v8 all the time, but it just sounds like ass haha.

Any input would be great.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about that, but it doesn't do it from a cold start after sitting over night. It only does it after a warm start.

·
Registered
994 Posts
It's your ORP, and the high idle to get the motor warm. Lose the ORP and either re install the cat or HFC. And the noise will go away.

As a side note get a flex pipe to match your ORP and exhuast. The stock SVT flex is a secret bottle neck that is only 2 inches big.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas blackjack. I was also looking at a borla setup. Does that exhaust have a better tone with the orp? From what I understand the magna is slightly smaller than stock and gives that weedwacker sound sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts