Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I've been looking into putting an exhaust on my SVTF, but I have a question. . .

Is there a difference between the ZX3 aftermarket exhausts and the SVT aftermarket exhausts?

Thanks much,
Cody

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yes, the SVT has a tuned exhaust from the factory, aftermarket exhaust for it will net you better sound but very little gain in HP. The exhaust on the ZX3 has smaller diamater piping and benefits greatly from an aftermarket exhaust system.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
The answer is yes. The SVT has a different header, flex pipe and cat so the fitment is different. ZX3 will not work with SVT. And to add to what Pat247 said. The SVT exhaust is actually larger slightly than most aftermarket exhaust. Although aftermarket will not lose anything and will gain a much better sound.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a difference in the flange to the flexpipe or no? I just don't want to buy an exhaust and have it not bolt up. I'm not looking for a gain in power, but a nice tone in sound.

-Cody

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Whatever aftermarket cat back kit you buy should bolt right up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But why is it that JBA and FocusSport don't have an SVT exhaust? ZX3 guys are saying that the flanges are still a two bolt, but the SVT is larger. [paranoid]

-Cody

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
if you get a flex-back exhaust, you can also use a kit made for the 2.3 duratec. the SVT and the 2.3D share the same flexpipe flange measurements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts