Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.. well this idea starts as a problem I have with the car.. I'm having problems with the cat brackets, the expensive one is broken and the other seems like the previous owner took it to a shop to be welded and re-use it.
One of the brakets is around $60 with shipping to Mexico and the other like 15 so thats a $75 total right?..

So since I want to turbo my car when I get the money I was thinking it was time to get an ORP, then i thought of the turbo, then I changed my mind to a 3" system, then I talked with tls_bmx (you may know him, he has a roush turbo zx3) and he told me if I was going to buy a 3" it had to be a headerback to really get juice out of it..

We talked more and we made a deal.. he is going to make a 3" custom ORP and a 3" flexpipe (both aluminized steel) for me, then the the catback would be bought from Trubendz and it would be a 3" SS Borla catback (1 muffler, 1 resonator )

BUT The "project" hasnt started yet, and all because I feel unsure about the sound, I dont want rice.. Im scared of the raspy sound it could make
tls_bmx told me the exhaust wouldnt be raspy but oh i need more opinions or what do you think?

thanks for even reading hehe

ps i didnt find a single thread of a 3" exhaust.. the numbers arent allowed to be searched lol

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know but.. he is runnin a 3" catback.. id be running a 3" headerback

but i really liked how his car sounds

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
You would notice a difference with a regular ORP and 3" exhaust. I don't know that anyone has tested a 3" orp vs. a regular one but I'd assume you would get a few more hp's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts