Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals![thumb]

So, I'm going with the SVTf set-up which consists of the SVT header, ORP, flex pipe, PS line and connector and new gaskets. But what am i missing? Any pointer would really appreceated. (Sorry if this is a re-post)

Here's some pics:

The Only pic i didn't take is of the adapter for the SVT PS line.

I'm also planning on going with the SVT Borla cat back, but i drive the Wagon so looks like i'll need to mod it to make it fit. I read it wont fit the standard focus either, any one know why?

Here's the part numbers for any one interested in doing this set-up:

SVT Dipstick 978Z-6750-DA

SVT Tube 2M5Z-6K815-AA

SVT Flex Pipe 2M5Z-5G203-AA

SVT Power Steering Hose 2M5Z-3A719-AB or 2M5Z 3A719 CA

SVT PS connector F5RZ-3R608-B

Header to cat gasket 2M5Z-9450-BA

Cat to flex/flex to tailpipe gasket 2M5Z-9450-AA

(sorry, i don't have the header part number with me at this moment)

Hope this info also helps some one else! [thumb]

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
I think that might be everything you need. I'm not sure if the line for the rear O2 sensor will reach or not.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
furtunate for me, the header has a bung for one of the sensors. I was also worried about that. But i think i still need to get an extender.

What i am more worried about is that the header has no bung for the EGR. What can i do about that, block it off.. will i have engine problems if i do?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
If you have a tuner, that can delete that function, but you will need to block it off.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ I knew you'p pop in here sooner or later! Thanks! But in the meanwhile, can i run my car with it just blocked off? I know i'll get a CEL.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
It looks like you have everything you need there..... at least as far as I know.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I'm in the middle of doing this swap as well. I think you have almost everything. The only thing I can think of is o2 cheaters. There is no way the o2 sensor will give the ECU the right reading without the cat there. Other than that, I think you have everything.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thanks!

I'm already running a 4-2-1 header, so i have the O2 cheater. I'm just curiouse about the EGR system. Man, this is a very expensive mod.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
^^^^Agreed...I bought a used header and I'm still gathering parts, and it's already expensive.

From what I've found out, you can leave the EGR system unplugged, but you will get a CEL. However, there shouldn't be any driveability issues (from what others have said), just that annoying little light. Then, eventually you can have the EGR system disabled with a tune (I'm waiting to tune until I get cams...until then, I'll live with the light).

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, that's exactly what i'm gonna do! get cams and possibly go FI and then get a good tune or even and Xcal-2. I found a work around on focus hacks to desable the EGR without getting the CEL, but i was told the even though, without the EGR system, that my car would run too lean or rich, i don't know ahy since the EGR is for emission perposes only!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Where did you get the header coated, Jet Hot? Looks amazing! Looks like your setup is complete. Thanks for posting this thread, you just saved me some work searching gasket part numbers...

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no problemo!

I bought it like this already from a fellow member! Only $ 250.00, thought it was a sweet deal!

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^ thanks, i found a block off plate. Looks like it's just getting easier.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I actually asked whether someone had the SVT header w/out deleting the EGR system, and if they had any problems with driveability. The responses I got back basically said that there weren't any problems with how the car ran, just that annoying CEL.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I've done that mod, it should work. You are better off with out the EGR anyway. My driveabilty is much improved with that mod. Getting that Jet hot coated header was a good deal.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts