Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have a 2003 Focus with a Zetec engine, automatic transmission.

I've been exhaust header shopping for awhile now, and considered getting a SVT header, still a couple of them left out there. But I decided to keep my stock header because of an article I read.

One guy stated that the SVT 4 into 2 into 1 doesn't work good on a automatic transmission because of the gear ratios, and that the SVT manual transmission compensates for the way the SVT engine makes power and transfers it to the wheels. Basically my auto trans doesn't have low enough first gear to get the car going with that header.

Any thoughts on this?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
I'd think it would work as one look at the primary tube length & the primary diameter. If it fits w/ no issues, I'd run it......

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The upgrade would be quite expensive, about $750+ maybe, and take some time to figure out how to relocate the power steering line and O2 sensors. Plus I live in CA so an Catalytic converter would be difficult to get.

I can see where if I pulled the engine, increased the valve sizes and raise the compression a bit to increase power, then I would do the exhaust system.

I need to replace my catalytic converter soon so I'm doing some planning.

·
FF Affiliate
30,773 Posts
You were misinformed , the SVT Header is you best option for performance

I can do a Custom Tune to make the trans work better and for the change in the fueling from a header change

You will also need a wide band air fuel gauge , the AEM 30-4110 works good

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts