Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I found some SVT Euro wheels for a good price and all I need to do is get some rubber wrapped on them. What are some good tire recommendations that you all have with the SVT wheels?

Thanks!!! You all are a life saver

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Thats What She Said
10,696 Posts
So, I found some SVT Euro wheels for a good price and all I need to do is get some rubber wrapped on them. What are some good tire recommendations that you all have with the SVT wheels?

Thanks!!! You all are a life saver

Sent from my XT1650 using FF Mobile
What kind of tire? All Seasons, Summer, Winter?

Have you even tried looking at the reviews on Tire Rack for the different tire categories?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably some all seasons for now cause it's all I can do so far. Eventually I wanna do the switch between summer and winter tires

·
Thats What She Said
10,696 Posts
So have you looked at tire racks comparisons for All season tires?

There is nothing special about the EAP wheels they are a 17" x 7" wheel. You can go a bit wider (225 vs 215) but want to stay close if you want your speedo to stay the same.

How much are you looking to spend? Care about traction or treadware? looking for a tire that has less roleing resistance for better MPG?

Need more information on how you drive your vehicle and what you are looking for.

Remember that the square foot or two of rubber contact patch is the only thing that outs all your steering, braking, and acceleration to the road.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, price I'm not too picky about. Maybe a little high performance and ultra performance if you think that would be a good recommendation. Gas I don't mind about but I would like to save some gas with the tires cause I'm sure the stuff I have now ain't working right. I drive kinda fast, let's say usually over the limit most of the time . But like I said I want to do all seasons rn cause it's all that I can afford but I eventually want to do the summer/winter tire switch. If you don't mind telling me some recommendations for those too that would be sweet! If ya don't want to I completely understand ya. Thanks for everything! You guys are the best group of people I've known forever.

·
Thats What She Said
10,696 Posts
I have had good luck and good performance with Michilen Pilot Sport AS3's (well really the AS2+ IIRC but the 3's are the new version. Also had the RE960 AS. Which have now gone throgh 2 more iterations to the RE980 AS.

People also like the Continental DWS06.

These tries are all ranked at the higher side but also at the higher price. I get about 30k miles out of a set with my driving and using them once and a while at drag strip or auto-x.

There are knock offs or off brand versions have have similar tread pattern but composition is likely different.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
I like the DWS 06's...... the AS3's are great too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Check Costco - my only source for tires!
Good Luck,
Monoblanco
X2
On Costco!

But I keep missing the one cent fee for mounting/balancing promotion...

Lately, tire prices have been "really inflated" as the same price regardless of the retail location [Discount-Tire, Goodyear, etc].

I used to be able to take advantage of eBay's $100 discount promo thru Discount-Tire but now that's gone too.

Today, Tire shops around me are wanting $80-$100 install fees if I bring my own tires in.

Even WallyWorld has gotten rid of their $10/$15 per tire fees too. NOW, They charge $100+ fees if tires are not purchased there.

Sorry, Had to vent...

........................................................................................................

I have Continental ExtremeContacts DW summer tire [225/45R17] on MY SVTF.
I really liked these tires especially being able to do a complete 4-wheel rotation.
But I barely got 30,000 & change... Going to Costco here in a month or two [waiting for their one cent install promo] for the next set.

This time, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in 225/45R17
Due to tire costs in general, for a few dollars more, I need longer lasting tires & something with grip/traction in cool spring or fall weather.

'Cause Continental RAISED the prices on their DW summer tire easily by $30 or $40 more, pushing me to look at Michelin tires thru Costco [Same $$$].

Plus I've got experience with the Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires on my RS....
A great tire overall...

So I'm going to put my $$$ towards the Michelin-s on my SVTF...

·
Registered
211 Posts
X2
On Costco!

But I keep missing the one cent fee for mounting/balancing promotion...

Lately, tire prices have been "really inflated" as the same price regardless of the retail location [Discount-Tire, Goodyear, etc].

I used to be able to take advantage of eBay's $100 discount promo thru Discount-Tire but now that's gone too.

Today, Tire shops around me are wanting $80-$100 install fees if I bring my own tires in.

Even WallyWorld has gotten rid of their $10/$15 per tire fees too. NOW, They charge $100+ fees if tires are not purchased there.

Sorry, Had to vent...

........................................................................................................

I have Continental ExtremeContacts DW summer tire [225/45R17] on MY SVTF.
I really liked these tires especially being able to do a complete 4-wheel rotation.
But I barely got 30,000 & change... Going to Costco here in a month or two [waiting for their one cent install promo] for the next set.

This time, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in 225/45R17
Due to tire costs in general, for a few dollars more, I need longer lasting tires & something with grip/traction in cool spring or fall weather.

'Cause Continental RAISED the prices on their DW summer tire easily by $30 or $40 more, pushing me to look at Michelin tires thru Costco [Same $$$].

Plus I've got experience with the Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires on my RS....
A great tire overall...

So I'm going to put my $$$ towards the Michelin-s on my SVTF...
find a local old style gas station that has a mechanics in it. i use them to mount all my tires. $50 for all 4 mounted and balanced and with TAPE weights on the SVT rims. thats with me bringing in my own tires and rims. get to know one mechanic and then you start getting better deals.

i AVOID all the big box shops , i.e. costco and walcrap, discount tires, earl scwapp to mount/balance tires UNLESS you buy them there and give a good discount...

around here $80 is the norm for mount/balance when you bring your own tires. its not a bad price considering its ALL labor. you have to understand that there IS danger when mount/dismounting tires.

·
Registered
140 Posts
find a local old style gas station that has a mechanics in it. i use them to mount all my tires. $50 for all 4 mounted and balanced and with TAPE weights on the SVT rims. thats with me bringing in my own tires and rims. get to know one mechanic and then you start getting better deals.

i AVOID all the big box shops , i.e. costco and walcrap, discount tires, earl scwapp to mount/balance tires UNLESS you buy them there and give a good discount...

around here $80 is the norm for mount/balance when you bring your own tires. its not a bad price considering its ALL labor. you have to understand that there IS danger when mount/dismounting tires.
I hear ya...

Thought about going that route, but ended up sticking with Costco.

Ordered a set of Michelin PilotSport A/S 3+ tires in 225/45R17 online, got the instant $70 discount but still paid sales tax.

Since I used my Costco/Citi Card, will get an automatic $60 credit on next statement. Covers the install fees.
Comes to $132 per wheel/tire installed.

Making it easy, since the summer set is still in the basement, just throwing in the back of the truck & heading for the Costco tire shop when I get notice they have arrived...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts