Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wanting to get new rims, and was debating on whether I should get a 5 spoke or go with multispoke. Multispoke wins! [^]

Which one would look best, the SVT Euro rims or the Hi-Power Silver Team Dynamics Monzas.

Here's a link for those of you who haven't seen the Monzas before (hit the arrow once to see the Hi-Power Silvers).... http://www.teamdynamicsusa.com/

I'm hesitant about the Hi-Power Silver Monzas because I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find a price for them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I doubt the Monzas are going to be cheaper than the SVT-Euro wheels. I like the dark grey finish on the SVT-Euros, it doesn't look as bad as a shiny finished wheel when it gets dirty. :)

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
You better believe Team Dynamic's aren't going to be as cheap as Euros, but they are also an aftermarket company, as opposed to a Ford product and are significantly lighter as well. Team Dynamics are a great buy, however, they aren't really marketed online. I'm not sure how to order them, however, I was interested in buying some Pro Race 2's at one point, and I was referred to a wheel dealer on [FJ] who said he wasn't in business at the time, but woulda been able to help me come August. PM me if you want more info on that. Good luck!

·
Registered
682 Posts
I would go monza's i love those wheels i found set before that some guy had for 275 with worn out tires but i passed cuz they were white, as long as you don't go with white then go monza.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
go with the Monzas..........if you get the SVT Euro's, you'll look just like every other stock EAP SVT which isn't a bad thing, it's just that if you're going to put money down for rims, i don't see why you would go for something "stock" looking.........

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for the replies. As frush also mentioned, the problem is finding a dealer and a quote for the rims + shipping. I also don't want to spend too much $$$$ cuz I wanna do other mods as well.

I agree with you sexy, the Monzas are very good looking and unique. Well I guess it all depends on price now! Keep posting ur thoughts! [thumb]

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
I personally like this color. The Monza can be found at www.victoriatire.com for 175 a rim ( white/silver/black) and 275 (chorme) 17".

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
thefrush said:
You better believe Team Dynamic's aren't going to be as cheap as Euros, but they are also an aftermarket company, as opposed to a Ford product and are significantly lighter as well.
Not any lighter. In fact, heavier.
TD Monzas (17X7) are 22.5lbs.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Oh wow, I just figured with the weights of Pro Race 1's and 2's they must be lighter. My bad.

·
Oh yeah!
2,522 Posts
I like the looks of the Euros (actually, I love them because they're very reminiscent of the WRC style multispoke wheels) over the Monzas, and you can always have your wheels painted or powdercoated if you'd like. Personally, I'm tired of the dark argent of the Euros; the wheels even when clean look dirty unless in the light. And when brake dust builds up on them, they look even worse. Still, I love the design, but I just want a lighter color (lighter colors look better on black anyway).

If you want to be different, just don't get the dark argent wheels. Although they may be OE, there's nothing wrong with a WRC style wheel (unless you want to go the real deal - OZ). [:)]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Give this place a call 1-888-542-3626 I forget the name of the place but they gave me a good price on the Pro Racer one with Falken tires they were $1,200 shipped. For my old car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts