Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the SVT engine completly different compared to the zetec, what has changed to make the SVT get 170HP, and how if it is at all possible could I get that kind of HP out of my zetec???

·
Registered
55 Posts
The SVT has a higher compression ratio, bigger intake valves, variable intake cam timing, a two-stage intake manifold, long tube tri-Y headers, and a revised exhaust system.

You could probably get the same HP out of a Zetec with a turbo or supercharger.

·
Registered
17 Posts
also the svt has thicker rods forged pistons different crank shaft dual mass flywheel bigger fuel injectors larger mass airflow meter your zetec motor has variable timing on the exhaust cam operates off the oil pressure the svt also has a different cylinder head and the svt has a six bolt main caps to where the zetec has four bolts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
we have forged pistons, huh? I thought I read somewhere that they were cast. I don't really hear the typical chatter on cold starts that forged pistons usually give...interesting [scratch]

·
Registered
17 Posts
yea went thru a svt training class for the dealership i work for forged aluminum pistions i was surprised plus a fully syncronized transmission there both motor and trans cosworth deisgned

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
cool, thanks for the info. I knew the tranny was fully synchronized...it is so nice being able to put the car in reverse before coming to a complete stop[thumb]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.