Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, somehow I ended up hopping the timing belt, and messing up the head and valves. So, I ordered another SVT motor advertised with 46k miles (my other one had close to 100k), and got it put in. I just got the car back last night, and I've noticed a few things that are different:

-Engine is louder than the previous one (noise from the engine itself, although the exhaust is a bit lower in tone now).

-Engine seems to vibrate more than the previous one, especially above 4k rpm.

Do you guys have any ideas on what would cause these problems? I'm taking it back to the shop on Monday to see if I can get this sorted out.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Exhaust leak somewhere, as for the vibration under load that suxz. Maybe something not tight an or aligned right. Worn mounts? Did you check the compression in the new motor? Did they give you a warrenty? You should of changed the timming belt, water pump, idler pulleys, before you put it in, you bought a motor that if out of a 04 would only have a yr left on that belt(assumimg it hasent been serviced). I bought my car 2yrs ago, it had somewhere between 100,000 miles on it an the first thing I did was check the compression an change everything the timming belt touches. Boosted it an it still going strong with 151,xxx. But thats just my opinion others might feel diff.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it to the shop today, and got the motor mount and some other things tightened, and it seems a lot better, though I didn't get to get up to much speed due the crappy weather.

As far as the timing belt goes, no, I didn't have that changed, but I will after this motor gets some more miles on it. The compression didn't get checked either. :\

The old motor, the plan is to take it to the local tech school and get it rebuilt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts