Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Near new as it was removed from a car damaged by hail on the way to the dealer. I bought it as a spare and have never needed it.

You can still see the clean tops of the pistons.

I 'fogged' the engine to protect bores years ago.

Location is in Thousand Oaks California. I can deliver within 100 miles or to a local freight shipping dock.

Price $3000.00.

PM for more information or photos.

Thank you.

Doug also call or text 805-402-1225

·
Registered
186 Posts
what are the miles on it? as this is a 10-12 year old engine that's sat...$3000 is a bit steep, any room on that?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Is this a complete engine with all the ancillaries included? In other words plug and play. [wrenchin]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mileage is just what was needed to drive the car from the production line onto the transport and off again. The body was damaged in a hail storm and the insurance company scrapped it.

So may be 10 to 20 miles on it but I don't really know. If you pull the plugs you can see the tops of the pistons are still clean.

I think my price is reasonable as Ford wants over $4K for a rebuild and that's with an exchange engine. Subject to change if no one buys it and I have it listed elsewhere too.

Thanks

Doug

·
Registered
267 Posts
I sold my fully build for crazy hp power engine for this price also was brand new with 0 miles GLWS

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Okay guys, the OP has his asking price posted. According to BST rules. It is not up to other posters to slam him for his asking price. So that trend must stop. Okay?

Now this being said, if he has no success selling it for posted price, he may or may not drop his price due to not getting any interest in his engine. That is up to him.

Play nice.

-freemind

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's missing the motor to switch the intake track from long to short. No alternator, clutch or flywheel. No headers.

My price is firm at this point and I am in no hurry to sell it.

Thank you.

Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts