Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just found a great deal on an engine with the 6 speed, how hard would it be to drop this into a 2001 sedan with the spi? any comments would be appreciated.

thanks, -steve

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
well, you would need to swap the engine and trans, computer, and the wiring harness.. exhaust, you would need either an svt cold air intake, or a stock svt intake... and a few other odds and ends...assuming your car is already a manual trans, there isnt too much work there, but it will cost you a decent ammount to get it working right...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I seem to remember reading somewhere the axles (halfshafts) were different on some models (maybe an ATX/MTX thing). You might need the spindles/brakes as well.

I don't remember anyone ever discussing it though. Jeremy at FocusSalvage may be able to help.

I would LOVE to see an SVT sedan but it doesn't seem worth it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Your best off just buying the entire SVT, that way you'll have every thing you need. Dont exspect to have in running in one weekend, you might want to find a back up ride. BTW, how much is it?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Go for it if you have the cash, a SVT sedan is always cool.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've looked into this. It'd be FAR more expensive and time consuming than it would be difficult. That 6-speed Getrag might be what kills you also. They're few and far between in my experience and Getrag never returned my emails, nor did Ford when I inquired about this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts