Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have been having a vibration problem when accelerating. I have pulled the pass side motor mount all looks well, I am now looking into the driver side mount.

Here are some photos and a video of the mount moving under my power.

Can anyone tell from these photos and video if all looks well or suspect motor mount?

Thanks in advance,
B

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I took off the pass the motor moved all over with ease...

I will jack the car up again and take some pics of the bottom one as well...

The pass side looked good no cracks no leaks when I push on the motor you can see just a little movement there about 1/4 of the movement you see with the driver side.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have pulled the pass side motor mount all looks well, I am now looking into the driver side mount.

B
i had the same problem too i just needed to adjust the pass side mount support...but then i just ended up buyin all three mounts from CFM and now it startin to do the same ..well its been over 2 yrs now so i guess i need to replace them

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, here are the photos of the lower dog bone and upper pass, both look and feel fine and have small movement when I rock the engine...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an SCT tuner has anyone used the data logging to help troubleshoot problems?

I did a few runs and looked back at the logs and all seems fine but I was wondering like with the spark it is just logging what the computer is sending but not the real results of the spark?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, got the new transmission mount and picked up some of those motorcraft plugs...

The new mount does not look like it could move much at all.. Hope this will fix my problem...

: )

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Should have contacted me and got the ES inserts instead of a new mount. Could have got you the plugs too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, pulled out the original mount and it actually is in great shape.

Doh...

compared the new vs old and the new suxs.. it has way more play in it using a screwdriver to move the mount around compared to my old original mount...

So I did not put it in, I did change the plugs and the problem is still there.

: (

1 - 10 of 10 Posts