Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tom,

When I was down there in May I spoke with your son about this, and he said it would be possible.

I need a cat to pass emissions testing, and my question was could you guys put the SVT downpipe on a Zetec kit to accommodate the RT highflow cat McNews sells, which bolts on inbetween the flex and where the SVT header's outlet flange would be (this is the same cat they sell with their SVT header kit.)

Assuming you could do this, would it effect the price of the full Zetec kit in any way?

Thanks!

·
FF Affiliate
30,363 Posts
I would need to know how long it is and exactly where you want

No there wouldnt be any added cost to weld it in as long as it would fit in the down pipe

Tom

·
Registered
226 Posts
The SVT cat is in the flex pipe. So theoretically you could just use an SVT downpipe and get a high flow car for a SVT and be done with it. Thats providing that toms turbo placement is the same between the svt and zx3.

Scott

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're partly correct...

If you look at the SVT cat and flexpipe, the cat curves up halfway over the axle, and the flex meets it right before the apex. So yeah, I could buy a SVT cat and SVT flexpipe, but why not just buy the cat McNew's sells for a non-SVT Zetec with the SVT header? It'll bolt in right between my existing flexpipe and where the SVT header would usually end (and where I'm assuming Tom's SVT downpipe also ends) I already have a 2.5" flexpipe, and the SVT cat is ~$40 more than the Zetec w/SVT header.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts