Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the differential in a 2001-2004 ZX3 is different from the differential in the 2001-2004 ZX3 SVT model?

I have a regular ZX3 dirt oval racer and want to put a Torsten T2 type limited slip in it (ford racing M-4204-SVTF) but the only focus application is listed as 2002-2004 SVT...

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just wondering if there are different LSD models. All I can find is the Ford Racing Torsen M-4204-SVTF. Is there a different model Torsten LSD that will fit my regular ZX3 Ztec trans?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I want an M-4204-F20 for the MTX75, but they seem to be discontinued? I'd rather have a ford racing part in there over the Quaife, as it would still technically meet my track rules as a "stock" Ford part...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well... After a ton of searching, it looks like I'll go with the Quaife. Anyone have a used Quaife for an MTX-75? (Or a torsen for that matter?)...

Anyone know of the best place to buy Quaife in Canada?

Thanks!

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Torsen has ran out of stock and do not have plans to build another batch.

if your looking new the only non clutch option is the Quaife. The Quaife is what is very heavily used in Europe. I was looking at the same thing and looking at the Kaaz clutch type or the Quaife they all run about the same. C-F-M.com does international shipping I believe so you order from them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I did end up ordering the Quaife. If anyone is looking for one in Canada, Whitehead Performance out of Ontario sells the QDF20Z for the MTX75...

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
how much did you pay?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Don't forget to order the carrier bearings & a speed sensor,,,,makes it so much easier,,,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts