Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out cruising last night and saw a 2000 svt contour with exhaust on it, I have a 2003 ZX3 with a bit of intake work (LOL) and exhaust done to it, and wanted to race him we went from about 40mph up to my speed limiter, and I pulled about 3 cars on him, so sad for him.

·
Registered
732 Posts
ok, if your saying that you started the race well you were driving at 40mph, umm thats not a race, it called a rice race lol, up to your speed limiter huh? wow must of been like a 2 mile stretch, or was this a dream? i go with dream!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Unless your intake work includes forced air going in it, or maybe N2O, I call B.S. I have driven svtc alot and I don't see a zx3 with bolt ons being even close to a good race.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2003 ZX3 5spd LSD posi, JR supercharger, cold air intake, 65mm TB, FC Race header with flex pipe, steeda cat back, so I wouldnt say BS unless you think thats not eneugh to beat one of those handly

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
well, if we KNEW your mods when you posted the story, you probably wouldn't have gotten such a load of "BS!" from us. with those kind of mods, i'd say it is at least credible. a real race, of course, does start from a stop, but whatever.

Mike

·
Registered
712 Posts
I am suprised you pulled 3 lengths on him, from what I have seen JRSC'd zx3's run mid high 15's, and a SVTC will run low 15's stock, either way, good run.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on drag radials I have ran 15.16 at 90.1mph in the 1/4mile here in gainesville FL, most of the contours I have seen have ran in the low 15's in the quarter

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I wish you would have stated your mods beforehand. Even though I still hardly believe you.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It really depends, I have driven a stock svtf to a 15.3, and a stock contour to a 15.1, but most svtf seem to do high 15's in quarter and most contours will do mid-low 15's stock. It could be a drivers race, from a roll stock for stock their pretty equal, but the contour will kill the focus off the line so you have to be real careful when launches the focus, but when modded, contour will kill the focus, with mild bolt ons the contour can do mid-low 14's, were as a focus is lucky to hit 14.9 with same bolt ons.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just saw your last post. 15.1 is pretty quick. You have a 93 firehawk or is that just your name?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah I have a 93 firehawk #11 auto with some mods and 75hp shot of nitrous, and ET streets, ran 12.505sec at 108.99mph in the quarter

·
Registered
712 Posts
I didn't know they came in auto, I really would like to have one of those, but a 6-speed, there in same class as a viper on the road course.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Dave said:
It really depends, I have driven a stock svtf to a 15.3, and a stock contour to a 15.1, but most svtf seem to do high 15's in quarter and most contours will do mid-low 15's stock. It could be a drivers race, from a roll stock for stock their pretty equal, but the contour will kill the focus off the line so you have to be real careful when launches the focus, but when modded, contour will kill the focus, with mild bolt ons the contour can do mid-low 14's, were as a focus is lucky to hit 14.9 with same bolt ons.
well duh, you are comparing a factory modified car, to a factory car w/ minor bolt ons, do the same work to the focus (ZX3 not SVT) w/ aftermarket parts and youll beat the SVTC im willing to bet, since it is that way w/ the ZX3 and SVTF

·
Registered
712 Posts
Can you rephrase that, I am stupid so I don't quite understand what your saying.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.