Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVT Comp Orange EAP recaro 128k miles

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  fjlinnhfocus 
#1 ·
I found a 2004 Focus SVT for sale. Went to look at it. Very clean. The body and interior in great shape. I took it for a short drive. Engine sounded great. Handled well. Completely stock. They wanted 2500, I offered to give them 1800 next weekend if it was still there.
It was at a local junk yard. They received it about a month ago(february).
I asked what was up. They replied that it needed:
1. a clutch(Definitely was slipping when I test drove).
2. CV joint.
3. Front subframe.

So while the car looked great, It sounds like the bones aren't so good.
The front sub-frame worries me and the clutch is a big job for me.

The inspection sticker was 1 month old. My guess is that the previous owner brought it into ford and didn't like the cost required to get it inspected.

No records.

Any advice, is it worth pursuing?
I already have a blue svt and love it. It's just not an EAP.

Thanks,
Joe

See less See more
#3 ·
I've done the timing belt and the thermostat housing on my current SVT so that doesn't intimidate me and it isn't a lot of money out of pocket. I think its the frame that worries me the most. I can take a chance on it and make it a summer project since it will be an extra car. Even at $1800 I could probably get my money back out of it if it turns out I can't make it inspectable.
I'll try and get the VIN from the junk yard and run car fax on it.

#6 ·
Reactions: felixthecat
#10 ·
Yeah. My wife wasn't super happy either, but she didn't say no. It's all a moot point. I didn't have the cash to put a deposit on it and told him I would be back the following saturday. Unfortunately it sold that friday :)

Oh well. My current svt needs a clutch and a few upgrades to get ready for track season. I will be hitting you guys up for recommendations of worthwhile changes without breaking the bank or ruining the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.