Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Focus SVT Turbo
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what coil on plug fits the SVT if I make an adapter plate for the valve cover similar to the one jayracing used to make? I am aware the kit they had came with 300M coils, but I am not sure if that means they were from a Chrysler?
jayracing.jpg

·
Registered
18,090 Posts
Thinking SVT uses batch firing instead of individual spark, two fire at same time and one of them is backwards. Your PCM is not going to like those COP parts. COP requires 4 separate coil outputs and SVT only has 2. It uses twin coilpack too.

·
Registered
2003 Focus SVT Turbo
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I bought a stand-alone ECU. I will no longer be using stock, had enough of the tuning issues with SCT and them no longer supporting the SVT.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yeah, I bought a stand-alone ECU. I will no longer be using stock, had enough of the tuning issues with SCT and them no longer supporting the SVT.
What did you end up going with? Parallel with the OEM ECU to still run the stock gauges, or fully standalone?

·
Registered
2003 Focus SVT Turbo
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a maxxecu race. I have not decided yet if I'm gonna piggyback the stock for gauges. When I get into wiring things up, I will make that decision....but, I get the feeling I will likely lose the stock altogether for simplicity. The maxxecu
is more than capable of doing everything I need it to.
maxxrace.jpg

·
FF Affiliate
31,290 Posts
Altho SCT no longer supports the SVT , meaning they wont make any new software for it the software thats SCT has for the SVT works , by not supporting the SVT only means that the X4 doesnt work on the SVT but used X3 and the SCT software still works fine

Tom

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I bought a maxxecu race. I have not decided yet if I'm gonna piggyback the stock for gauges. When I get into wiring things up, I will make that decision....but, I get the feeling I will likely lose the stock altogether for simplicity. The maxxecu
is more than capable of doing everything I need it to.
View attachment 310355
Very nice. If you're able, totally agree going with a totally new harness is the best way. I'm also not going to deal with SCT and the ancient flashing process when it comes time to re-tune my current car. Would love to see your updates and process if you're willing to post them here.

·
Registered
2003 Focus SVT Turbo
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Altho SCT no longer supports the SVT , meaning they wont make any new software for it the software thats SCT has for the SVT works , by not supporting the SVT only means that the X4 doesnt work on the SVT but used X3 and the SCT software still works fine

Tom
I beg to differ having spent many years remote tuning with you Tom. You cant deny the many many problems we have had with SCT in tuning my car over the years.

·
Registered
2003 Focus SVT Turbo
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice. If you're able, totally agree going with a totally new harness is the best way. I'm also not going to deal with SCT and the ancient flashing process when it comes time to re-tune my current car. Would love to see your updates and process if you're willing to post them here.
When I get into it, I intend to document the process. I'm sure there will be many headaches along the way...and I find the forums can be useful when obstacles arise.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Tom
Unless it is locked like mine. Then you're screwed, thanks to the guy who sold it to me. Argh!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
31,290 Posts
Unless it is locked like mine. Then you're screwed, thanks to the guy who sold it to me. Argh!
Meaning your Flasher is still Married to another Car ? If thats the case thats true to any SCT Flasher , X3 , X4 ITSX all of them

Tom

·
Registered
136 Posts
Meaning your Flasher is still Married to another Car ? If thats the case thats true to any SCT Flasher , X3 , X4 ITSX all of them

Tom
Yeah, he saidnis was unlocked but it wasn't.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Focus SVT Turbo
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No one can unlock it? Sure, make me an offer.

Pretty sure SCT can unlock it...for a fee. But...hey, I have an x4 that I will let go after I install the maxxecu. I know it works, got it through Tom.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts