Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put under 13k miles on this and when i first take off clutch slips n i barely push down gas. All the way up the gears it gets worse..after driving few minutes gears catch on a tad bit better and slips less. Any siggestions as to what i need to do. Certain part i jus need to replace? I dont get on it n drive normal n just tripped out how quick im starting to have issues with this kit with so little mileage

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
How's the clutch pedal feel ? Brake fluid level good ?
Any leaks. Up under the dash. Or out of the bell housing. I would try to bleed the slave cyl again. Just to make sure. Other then that it will have to come out for inspection.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
did you follow the break in for the clutch?

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was on min when i checked it a while back bit jave filled up. After i filled it aftera few days thats when it began to start slipping. It jus started like 100 miles ago. N its my dd

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
It was on min when i checked it a while back bit jave filled up. After i filled it aftera few days thats when it began to start slipping. It jus started like 100 miles ago. N its my dd
If there are no leaks. Try rebleeding it. And then make the decision to pull the trans.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I have always driven stick. 45 years. Sounds like you are gettin fliud into clutch most likely oil.
IF it was the pedal, or the hydralic system, the clutch would not release.
The opposite of your problem. (the pedal to the floor would not be enough to release the clutch)
So the opposite is (sorry to say) always more serious.
It may be the release assy is failing, or some part of the clutch release broke insde, so it is blocking the full recontact of the clutch.
But the usual is the clutch plates are damaged by fluid (oil) leaking into them, and if it is real bad, means a LOT of oil is in there.
Sorry.
So IMO either a failed clutch release with some broken part messing up the reingagement, or a leak into the clutch plate.(could be from Tranny or engine)
This is just the opinion of a 62 year old lady, so your opinions and experience may vary. Actually hope I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I have always driven stick. 45 years. Sounds like you are gettin fliud into clutch most likely oil.
IF it was the pedal, or the hydralic system, the clutch would not release.
The opposite of your problem. (the pedal to the floor would not be enough to release the clutch)
So the opposite is (sorry to say) always more serious.
It may be the release assy is failing, or some part of the clutch release broke insde, so it is blocking the full recontact of the clutch.
But the usual is the clutch plates are damaged by fluid (oil) leaking into them, and if it is real bad, means a LOT of oil is in there.
Sorry.
So IMO either a failed clutch release with some broken part messing up the reingagement, or a leak into the clutch plate.(could be from Tranny or engine)
This is just the opinion of a 62 year old lady, so your opinions and experience may vary. Actually hope I am wrong.
Couldnt of said it any better than that. Thank You Elizabeth... Lots of good experience here, Boys !!!

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome ill have to get it checkout asap then. Im on a tight budget to do anything guess bum rides haha

·
Registered
259 Posts
a. Main seal on the transmission is leaking
b. Slave clynder is leaking
c. Main rear seal of the engine is leaking (crankshaft seal)

In case you are pulling out the trans, change them all :)

Good Luck

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
welll found the solution as to why it went out so quick! the retraction spring from behind the clutch. would have never guessed that if i wasnt snooping around the switches behind the clutch!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts