Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bleeder on my tranny snapped off while trying to bleed my clutch.. is this fixable?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Ah man, sorry no it's not. Pretty sure it's a part of the slave cylinder and would need the whole thing replaced. Which means pulling the tranny. What were you doing that snapped it off? Maybe you can just replace the nipple but I'm not sure?

hopefully someone else can be a better help. I'm just going by what I remember and what I remember was it's all one unit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah man, sorry no it's not. Pretty sure it's a part of the slave cylinder and would need the whole thing replaced. Which means pulling the tranny. What were you doing that snapped it off? Maybe you can just replace the nipple but I'm not sure?

hopefully someone else can be a better help. I'm just going by what I remember and what I remember was it's all one unit.[/QUOT

i just put my motor and everything back into the car...we were trying to bleed the clutch and while trying to loosen it it snapped! with minimal effort

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
That little screw in nipple can be replaced.
It is the same sort that is on all the brake caliper to bleed the brakes. so it should be pretty common. If you snapped it off and the threads on the base are in the slave, any small easy out tool to remove broken studs will work. Lucky you already have the hole in the broken off nipple end.

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you can do it the way the other gouys are telling you (take the old nipple put a new one or make a new tread) or replace the whole clutch hose with a one that has a bleed nipple. I think NAPA has them (you need to improvise a little) better than oppening the trans again. I did this on me rear brakes since the nipples on the drums broke. I got the copper brake lines form NAPA and put bleeder. You cut the hose and put the bleeder in between. Works perfect 6months so far. Good luck.

·
Registered
295 Posts
like Elizabeth said an easy out would work. However, if I ever snap off the bleeders or zerk fittings, I use a torx bit just slightly bigger than the hole. Hammer that sucker in and then just turn it with either a proper socket or wrench, works most of the time for me unless that sucker is really corroded in there. Then I treat it with penatrating fluid, then try to back it out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys...a little update... tried easy outs...broke the easy outs so its not that easy to get out!lol that thing is in there like crazy! drilling it out? would that work?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Did you break the easy out in the bleeder? That could be a little trouble if you broke it off flush in there. You might end up having to replace the slave unit. You could try drilling it out with some left hand bits and try an easy out again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts