Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what cars can the svt beat?
cuzz around my way they call it the si killer!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok just a question to start some drama between focuses and other cars?

·
Registered
565 Posts
haha. i'll look tomorrow and this thread will have like 5 pages already.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
has anyone here with a focus spanked an si please speak?

·
Registered
74 Posts
what up fellow Jerz driver. The way the expression is used is basically to bash SI drivers cuz we finally got a i4 domestic that performs and can be modified to perform better than an import.
Can it beat a Honda SI in a race? Depends on where your racing, how far, etc. SVTF's off the line are slower than the SI. However the SVT's handling is 100% better than the SI Civic. I've never personally 1/4 mile street raced an SI,(Definitely will some day). If what your asking 1/4 mile red light to red light straight line race, it would definitely depend on the driver and vtec kick.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
If I see a civic that wants to race theres a simple method bust out the papers roll it up and grab a lighter

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Who knows what you can beat? It all depends on the driver of the other car and you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have beat like 5 of them 2 black ones 2 blue and 1 red the red was the best but he had intake exhaust and a header he was like about ah i say a foot in front of me till he changed gears when they change gears we still have from 5-7 on the rpm so i jumped in front of him on after that then when i switched gears i really beat him what u have to watch out for is an integra gsr those keep up with us stock well some of them depends on the driver

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
iwastei said:
what up fellow Jerz driver. The way the expression is used is basically to bash SI drivers cuz we finally got a i4 domestic that performs and can be modified to perform better than an import.
modified as easily as Hondas?[rofl]

·
Registered
30 Posts
ANUBIS said:
i have beat like 5 of them 2 black ones 2 blue and 1 red the red was the best but he had intake exhaust and a header he was like about ah i say a foot in front of me till he changed gears when they change gears we still have from 5-7 on the rpm so i jumped in front of him on after that then when i switched gears i really beat him what u have to watch out for is an integra gsr those keep up with us stock well some of them depends on the driver
Yeah sometimes red can be a faster color you know. (j/k)

One of my buddies has the new Si (focus wanabe), We looked at the weight almost the same.
We looked at the specs.

[:eek:)] His Si is rated at 160 hp
[:)~] and my SVT is rated at 170hp

Also I don't remember our FPT but I know I had 10 more pounds
So by the books we are faster. But that close it would probaly be the driver

I think it was 145 FPT and 155 FPT the SVT being the greater of the two.

·
Registered
306 Posts
01+ Si you should be able to beat the 99-00 Si is a drivers race

·
Registered
143 Posts
I actually test drove a new Si for my friend and the acceleration was a huge disappointment, the handling also was horrible. I drove a 99 si a while back and it was very nice. I read in quite a few magazines that they were also not happy with the new one. In the SCC shootout in January of last year it came in dead last, they said the first 3 mods they would do was replace the drivetrain, transmission, and suspension. They said it needed the RSX drivetrain and transmission. I had to agree with them after driving it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts