Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been in college for the last three weeks. I live about 40 minutes from home, so I went home last week for the Labor Day weekend. But from now on, I will probably be going home every two-three weeks.
Ok, enough background info, onto the fact. My SVT will be sitting at home because my dad does not want to drive the car. Is it okay to let the car sit for two-three weeks at a time? I tell him that he should drive the car at least once a week. Am I right in telling him that because will there be problems if the SVT isn't driven for two-three weeks?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You'll be fine. Just drive it a little when you go home.

There are a lot of universities that won't allow underclassmen to have cars if they live on campus, and most require at least Freshmen to live on campus.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
my car has been sitting since June 3rd. it JUST was driven 3 days ago. I am across the Ocean and it sits most of the time. THe battery is almost shot but other than that its fine!!! and IT'S BOOSTED. Just try to have a cover or something on it for watherspots....or garaged ideally.

·
bow chicka wow wow
4,051 Posts
haha.. i had to leave mine for a week.. tried hiding the keys but my mom found the spare and drove it to work.. grrrr..

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
lol your mom is pimp! Although thtere is this older, she looks... 40ish? i think n e rate, she drives an SVT i was quite baffled hoinestly

My parents would never drive a stick.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
when ever i leave mine at home my dad loves to drive it. he almost bought one 4 years ago and my mom also likes driving it as well

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
its all good. mine sat for over 2 months before they finally got to work on the body damage from hail. since i have a system in the car and amps lighting stays on it killed the battery. i forgot to unplug it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts