Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the ZXTuner cams that I can't even consider getting because I can't get in touch with anyone, are there any other manufacturers out there that make SVT cams?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Read the sticky at the top of this section...."Focus SVT Camshafts"

EDIT: Oh, just read the whole post. Sorry. I'm pretty sure no one makes aftermarket cams for the SVTF.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Stock SVT cams are close to the zetec's stage 3 cams.

H

·
0 Posts
What are the specs on the stock cams again?

These looked interesting at Crower:
Stage 3 - Full Race, all-out, all-motor Drag profile.
Not for the in-experienced tuner.
1300-7500+ rpm.
Mild grinding required to cylinder head for cam lobe clearance.
284 / 296 236 / 244 .413 / .433

http://www.crower.com/cat/domestic/ford/focus_camshafts.shtml

Also for those of us thinking of bumping up the RPM limiter, do you think we need stiffer valvesprings?

http://www.crower.com/cat/domestic/ford/focus_valvetrain.shtml

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
What are the specs on the stock cams again?
From this thread...>>>Clicky
Int: Lift = .431 / Duration = 230° @ 1.0mm (.040")
Exh: Lift = .388 / Duration = 220° @ 1.0mm (.040")

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats interesting with the SVT cams versus aftermarket is the I/E lift relationship.

Generally the exhaust valves have higher lift than the intake and they are also usually smaller valves too. With the SVT cams we have higher lift on the intake than the exhaust. On the Crower cams the exhuast has the traditional high ift and the intake is more mild. Why did Ford go with the strange high lift intake and low lift exhaust???

H

·
0 Posts
I am gonna say that this is probably because the SVT doesn't have EGR? So... it might leave some exhaust gas in there if the exhaust lift isn't as extreme.

^^ Just speculation, but seems plausible.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Anaxagoras1986 said:
Whats interesting with the SVT cams versus aftermarket is the I/E lift relationship.

Generally the exhaust valves have higher lift than the intake and they are also usually smaller valves too. With the SVT cams we have higher lift on the intake than the exhaust. On the Crower cams the exhuast has the traditional high ift and the intake is more mild. Why did Ford go with the strange high lift intake and low lift exhaust???
If you talk to Ray McNews....he would say the same thing...bigger intake smaller exhaust

1 - 13 of 13 Posts