Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd do something along those lines except for the SVT head, most folks aren't aware that the SVT head doesn't easily take to a VCT elimination, so you'ld be stuck with stock svt cams.
I have that problem fixed we make a bearing an a seal plate so you can run zetec cams in your SVT.

Erik
Discuss.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Would have to see it to see what there doing , Its more then just the VCT the cam trigger is Diff as well as the thrust

There isnt many ZX3 cams out there designed more aggressive then the SVT stock cams so i dont know what one would change to to make better power

My VCT Elim makes it where you can install a regular ZX3 ADJ cam gear on the SVT VCT Intake cam

Thats my .02

Tom

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1turbofocus said:
There isnt many ZX3 cams out there designed more aggressive then the SVT stock cams so i dont know what one would change to to make better power
Wouldn't some custom ground cams for boost be alot better than the stockers though?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The only solutions I'm aware of currently are:

A: the cams that Tom is developing currently, self-desribed as "not for the faint of heart", I think he desribed a 3k-8k power band, given the source I'd expect a goodly hike of power in that band.

B: CNCheads.co.uk, who I've recently been in touch with, would love to sell you a set of cams for the ST170, including necessary hardware, for something just under 700GBP. It worked out to something like $1250, not including shipping. Their customer service was somewhat sketchy, when I asked for dynos of their PNP head/camshaft package on the ST170, I got a bunch of sheets for ST's in different trims, but no clear indication of which was which... they claim 220bhp (it wasnt made clear if this was a whp claim, tho I assume it was) with their headwork and cams, on UK petrol. That should adjust down significantly for only the cams and running the swill we call Premium.

COSVT03 (I'm 95% sure that was his name) on FJ dealt with them for their headwork/camshaft package, set him back over 4 grand all-told, but he sounds pleased as punch. Drop him a line perhaps.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres the reply I got:

I can do a complete VCT delete setup for about 400.00 right now an I need your head an cams.In a few months I will make a batch in a more production oriented fashion.They shoud be about 150.00-200.00 an I wont need your head if I get around to it.

Erik

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
2.0TooSlow said:
Wouldn't some custom ground cams for boost be alot better than the stockers though?
Not in my opinion , Till this is prooven on a dyno and i can see where/if there is a gain i wouldnt mess with it . The stock SVT cams are VERY GOOD at what they do with what they have to work with

I have boosted MANY SVT and havent seen enough gains from FI SVT cams woth making them thats why i stopped playing with cams for the SVT , I found a little power for NA but again not a lot and didnt think people would spend 350.00 for 5 to 7 HP , I wouldnt anyway

Like i said the stock cams are good very good for the SVT i dont see how adding less aggressive ZX3 cams will make it better

You can eliminate the VCT now for 100.00 + cam gear

Tom

·
Registered
46 Posts
1turbofocus said:
You can eliminate the VCT now for 100.00 + cam gear

Tom
what kind of gains could one expect by eliminating the VCT and putting on an adj cam?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts