Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dumb question that I can't seem to find a simple answer for.

Does a SC replace the air intake? What I mean is can I buy a CAI and a SC? Or would the CAI be usless once I bought the SC?

·
Registered
548 Posts
No dumb questions here. The procharger & powerworks come with their own CAI's, I think the Jackson Racing is the only one that does not, because I'v seen them installed with the SVT's factory air box.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
The JRSC ive heard doesnt work so well with a CAI. Been told that by Oscar Jackson himself so im guessing hes right. I actually plan to put my airbox back on with some modifications to pull in cooler air. You can put a CAI on but it would need some trimming cause the TB position is slightly different but it will work. Ive personally never tried it but am curious as to if it would actuallt hurt it or not. Would be much better than pulling hot air from the engine bay in all the time.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ask B16, he's made a pretty good setup using the stock box (I'm pretty sure it is with the box).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about Vortech? That's the direction I was heading towards for a SC. I know the Vortech sits right where the existing air box was so I would assume it has its own intake as well.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Moved to: "Forced Induction Chat"

NOTE: You might want to look into a ProCharger kit .... for the power, ease of install, and cost, ... hard to beat! :) just my 2 peso's

EDIT: In fact, that is what I will be going with when I go FI ...... but me being under 19K miles after nearly 2 years of ownership and still under warranty ..... well, that plays a small part of that type of modding LOL

·
Registered
582 Posts
NATEBREED said:
What about Vortech? That's the direction I was heading towards for a SC. I know the Vortech sits right where the existing air box was so I would assume it has its own intake as well.
You can build one, but a cold air intake made for an SVT will not fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts