Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get an svt front and rear bumper for my 01 zx3. will they fit without too much modification, i work at a body shop but i dont have much time on my hands lately.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
yeah i am wondering the same thing... are all the backs the same? even for an 05? would an svt rear bolt right on?
i think that for 00-04 it should..but im NOT sure

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it should too, but i want to know from someone who has tried it or who has seen it before because i haven't

·
Registered
714 Posts
the bolt right on......they have the same body's only different bumpers.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
yeah that is what i was thinking, but i didnt know if the bolt pattern was the same

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
yep.. its the same body type.. the svt is just better in almost every aspect..lol i was going to do the same thing too.. but i didnt have the money for it. jsut remember, you need to get the bumper, both upper and lower grilles(otherwise they wont match) new foglights.. and the new connectors to hook the fogs up... then you'll need all the paint materials... etc.. it gets costly..

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
an 05 zx3? ummmmm there is a slight possibility.. i dont know for sure... im pretty sure it wont tho... right on the ford site, it says that the bumper only fits 01-04.. but it might..

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
im sure i've seen on here somewhere that they were saying the rear bumper is still a direct bolt on for the 05+ zx3/5. but the front wont for sure, not without replacing the entire front end.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
yeah..i was thinking that it should..but everything that i have found doesnt support what i believe..so i want to make sure, before i buy...
i might be able to talk me friend into letting me barrow his bumper to see if it will fit..but i doubt it, lol

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
stoopidsteve87 said:
im sure i've seen on here somewhere that they were saying the rear bumper is still a direct bolt on for the 05+ zx3/5. but the front wont for sure, not without replacing the entire front end.

thats when you get a carbon fiber hood... new panels...lol if you got the money.. might as well...lol good luck with the modding saagz

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks matthewstetz, i found a decent deal on the bumpers and grills i need so im gonna pick em up. i work at a body shop right now so i should be able to do everything for next to nothing. i'll get pics up soon of before and after

1 - 12 of 12 Posts