Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been thinking about turning my driver side fog light into an intake hole for my cold air intake. I got my bumper with no fog lights and my intake comes out right behind the driver side fog light hole. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and if anyone has some pics that would be great! The pictures I posted are of my bumper and CAI pipe.

Attachments

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
It's been done before.

There are things to keep in mind though:

1. You need a filter somewhere to prevent bugs/dirt/etc getting sucked into your intake.

2. As low as that fog-light is, there is a real danger of scooping up water while driving. If you like your engine, stick to a ram-air intake.

3. The theory behind ram-air has been debunked quite a bit. there will be no noticible difference in performance between this setup, and any decent CAI.

4. why dont you want fog lights?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bumper didn't come with fog lights when I got it so I don't really feel like buying the whole fog light set up.

I don't feel like buying a ram air or trying to trade for one that's why I don't do it.

I know I need a screen for it, I just wanted to hear from someone who has done it so maybe they could let me know where to get the parts I need for it.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Anything you do will be custom. I've seen it done before, but it was a home-depot job using pvc pipe. The guy built a box behind the fog-light housing then hid a cone-shaped housing inside of it. He drilled a few holes in the bottom to let water drain.

As I recall, you can pick up a set of replacement fogs for $40 on amazon.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the SVT Performance section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts