Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front bumper cover for my '02 SVTF is cracked and I'm thinking about replacing it. I'm just looking for opinions and feedback. If I buy the replacement pieces from Ford, it would run me about $490 for the front and $540 for the rear.

I'm kind of playing with the thought of getting an after market kit, but so far none of the ones that I've looked at have totally bought my vote. I've never done any sort of body work like this before so I don't know what 'extra' would need to be done if I bought something different either.

So should I stick with the SVT goods or try to find something else? And isn't the Ford pricing pretty comparable to some of the other stuff that is out there?

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
well here, i'll go ahead and say cause if i don't then someone else will...go for an f2focus.com rs bumper. lol, it was bound to be said right? honestly though, i'd either stick with the svt or go with some sort of euro style.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I'd check F2Focus.com if I were you if your thinking aftermarket.

DO NOT PUT ANY FIBERGLASS CRAP ON AN SVT, I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN!

That or stick with the SVT styling.......

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh, I saw the Xenon bumper and liked it but I remember seeing a thread that talked about it being difficult to fit on to the SVT. That RS kit doesn't look that bad. Their site doesn't have that good of a picture though. Maybe I can find someone on here that has the sonic blue Focus with that kit currently installed.

And I read up on the fiberglass kit stuff and if I do decide to change from the SVT bumper, I definitely wasn't going to get any fiberglass goods.

·
Registered
758 Posts
If a replacement bumber cover is gonna be that much, you might as well buy a body kit. But go w/ urethane or ABS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts