Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have posted in the general chat but it says no posts to specific models...so aside from calling ford is there a way to getting my build number in my vin? Someone who maybe has called ford and knows where the numbers are in the vin?[burnout]

·
Registered
978 Posts
you have to call ford racing as far as i know i dont think the build number is in the vin

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
Moved to: "SVT Owners Lounge"

gotta call Ford. its toll-free call. 1800FORDSVT

the number cannot be translated from the Vin without the special decoder ring that the SVT dude on the phone has[thumb]

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^Yep...and he's even right about the decoder ring. LOL!

You might also check this thread, if you're interest at all in obtaining the Build Certificate, along with your build number:
Update: Latest "Build Certificate" Information
^^^You might ignore about the first half of the posts, and read the lastest info.
Unfortunately, you have to pay for the Build Certificate now. [:(]
But at least they'll give you the build number info free of charge.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i heard it's 40 bucks for the actual certificates. Do u know if that number is 24/7? =D

Sorry for the improper location of the post. I was in a rush to post it before i left for a job interview lol.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
If you don't want to pay the money for one, send me your VIN and Build #(once you get it) and I'll email you back a high-res version so you can print it yourself on some thick card stock or take it to Kinkos to print up.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
$40? I take it they charge that to used owners... mine was all free when I bought the car new in 2003.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you don't want to pay the money for one, send me your VIN and Build #(once you get it) and I'll email you back a high-res version so you can print it yourself on some thick card stock or take it to Kinkos to print up.
Would you be willing to do this for other FF-ers?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts