Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this weekend all happy to work on the car, I finished the front brakes, a little annoying spring to put on, but done, now the question comes, I was able to remove the back brakes, but I cannot push in the caliper. I tried using a u clamp to squeeze it in, then I tried some brake thing of a magig with no luck. Has anyone heard of this, or experienced the similar conditions. I did try to drain some brake fluid with the bleeder valve, no luck, and I can't put the new pads on.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
356 Posts
You need the proper tool to do it, go to a Napa, autozone, or any parts place they have it. Its a block that rotates the rear piston back into the caliper. it goes on a wrench, you just press down and turn it clock wise I think.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see, the tool that I bought doesn't rotate the caliper just pushes it back in by turning a screw that compresses it. I'll see if I can find such a tool at the local Napa.

Thanks for the help
Vito

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, once I rented that tool, it took seconds to push the caliper piston back in, and to reassemble.
Thanks for all the help.

Vito

·
Registered
738 Posts
if the piston "pushed back in" you busted your caliper and need a new one!!!

it's supposed to screw back in

·
Registered
356 Posts
well you push it in while rotating it... so yes its screwed in and yes its pushed in :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
so ya I had the same issue with mine and I went out and got the tool and it worked on one caliper but not the other... the other just spins and doesn't go in no matter how hard I push and turn at the same time...anybody know whats going on?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
^ FUBAR?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts